|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute, Transform in hand|
|Tags:||Hand-related, In-hand effect, Triggered effect|
While in your hand, this is a 3/4 copy of the last minion you played.
Of all the scientists, he has the most knowledge (when measured in volume).
- For the boss of the same name, see Flobbidinous Floop (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Flobbidinous Floop||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Floop's in-hand effect only activates when (1) a minion is played and (2) Floop is validly in the hand.
- Example: Wisp is played, then Floop is drawn with Ferocious Howl. Floop remains a 4-mana 3/4 Floop, and not a Wisp.
- Example: If Elise the Enlightened is played and duplicates a Floop, the original Floop becomes Elise, but the duplicated Floop remains as the minion played before Elise was played. This is because the duplicated Floop does not actually "see" Elise being played.
- If Floop is played as another minion and is then silenced, it reverts to the base stats of the minion it became. This is because the target minion of Floop has an enchantment called Floopy which sets its stats to 3/4.
- Example: If Floop is played as a 4-mana 3/4 Tirion Fordring, if silenced the Tirion Fordring becomes a 6/6.
- If Floop is played with another Floop in hand, the second Floop becomes the minion of the first Floop.
- Example: Two Flobbidinous Floops are in the hand. Floop is played as Oasis Surger. The other Floop in hand becomes Oasis Surger.
- Flobbidinous Floop does not copy the modified mana cost of the minion it copies.
- Example: A 1-mana Malygos is played. Floop in the hand becomes a 4-mana 3/4 Malygos.
- The minion that Floop copies takes into account innate cost reduction modifiers, if any.
- If cost reduction or set attribute effects are applied to Floop, playing a minion will set Floop to the minion that was just played, but without the cost reduction or set attribute effects.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
With poor stats for his cost, Floop is best used to copy minions with powerful effects. Malygos is a prime target for this card's effect, as you will have a lot of mana left over for spells. If the original Malygos was not removed, or if you refilled your mana with Twig of the World Tree, this can be devastating. Other good cards to copy include Hadronox and The Lich King, letting you gain further value with their effects without having to pay the full cost again. As he transforms in your hand, Flobbidinous Floop can also be used to reuse Battlecry effects, like Giggling Inventor and Aya Blackpaw, or simply be played as a discounted or free 3/4 with in-hand cost modifications like Arcane Tyrant.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- How... unexpected.
- Effect triggering
- Gloop for everyone!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- *** BEGIN FLOBBIDINOUS FLOOP TRANSCRIPT ***
- Recording Mech Unit: Microbot PIN-C
- Ah, hello my little friend. Come in, come in! Welcome to my greenhouse! You mustn’t tarry long though, ha ha. I doubt that the humidity will agree with your delicate innards. I don’t suppose you brought another MLCH-MNCHR unit with you?
- ::microbot PIN-C negative::
- Ah, too bad. I expect Boom wants another progress report, then?
- ::microbot PIN-C affirmative::
- Floopulous! As you can see, it’s a jungle in here. In fact, this is the fourth time we’ve had to move to a larger facility to accommodate the growth of my experiments. The glorious greenery that surrounds you is just the beginning! Soon we’ll be growing super-sized versions of all sorts of vegetation. Hunger will be a thing of the past—not to mention the possibilities involved with the creation of entirely new, never-before-seen plant species!
- That research has already borne fruit, if you’ll pardon the pun. I’m working on something I call a psychmelon. Not only will you think it’s delicious, it helps you use your melon! Ha!
- The seeds of all sorts of ideas are germinating in my lab. The secret is my glorious gloop! Yes, gloop makes it all possible. Allow me to demonstrate with the help of Intern Kevin here. Alright, Kevin, if you’ll just fetch that vat of gloop for me. . .
- Great gloopily floopily, Kevin, be careful not to trip over those roots—you’ll get precious gloop everywhere!
- ::microbot PIN-C panicked bleeping::
- Why, Kevin! You’ve been glooped! Quickly, if you just rinse off in the emergency show—ah, nope. It’s too late. He’s dissolved. I’m so terribly, terribly sorry. What an unfortunate incident! Poor Kevin. If only he was an advanced, ooze-based lifeform like myself, he might have avoided the gloop’s effects. We’d all be so much safer if we were all ooze-based. . . . Hm.
- But look! My glorious gloop is glowing! Fascinating! In addition to its incredible properties as an ultra-fertilizer, I hypothesize that the gloop stores the potential energy of the matter it dissolves. A most curious side-effect, but doubtless of no interest to Dr. Boom. We’re here to solve real problems, after all.
- Ah, speaking of which, you’ll prune that bit involving poor Kevin from the final recording, won’t you? And would you please let Dr. Boom know that there’s an opening for a new assistant in my lab?
- *** END FLOBBIDINOUS FLOOP TRANSCRIPT ***
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It appears that the Mulchmuncher was not invented by Floop, but rather by Dr. Boom. However, it seems he uses them frequently in his lab.
- Floop is the inventor of Floop's Glorious Gloop,
Gallery.[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11770 (2018-08-02): Added.