|Tags:||Death-related, Triggered effect|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Whenever a minion dies, gain +1 Attack.
'Flesheating' is an unfair name. It's just that there's not really much else for him to eat.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Flesheating Ghoul can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Flesheating Ghoul can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Flesheating Ghoul||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This 2/3 minion for 3 mana starts off with sub-par stats, but can become very dangerous under the right circumstances. One of the best combos is using a minion with Taunt to protect him while other minions on both sides get killed buffing him with +1 attack per minion that dies. Works extremely well in a aggro deck or against one.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Ghouls act as the shock troops for the Scourge. These lumbering, rotting corpses were once innocent townsfolk who have made the final transition into true undeath. Ghouls have great stamina and revel in combat with living beings. Ghouls are ravenous cannibals who can replenish their health by devouring the flesh of fallen warriors, friend and foe alike.
- Ghouls have the appearance of a bent, twisted humanoid figure. Much of their flesh has rotted away, exposing a fair amount of bone and twisting facial features until they are unrecognizable as human. As undeath progresses in a victim, it twists and corrupts the body, growing fangs and claws. The ghoul is the final stage of the process of undeath.
- Only the Scourge and a few other necromancers know the secret of creating ghouls. Rumors say that zombies transform into ghouls when they make the transcendence to "true undeath", perhaps reclaiming a small portion of their former intelligence in the process. However, death knights have raised ghouls to their will to fight along side them as well. It is likely they know the secret to raise the dead to their command as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An old video by Trump shows him reacting to a Ghoul being revived by Redemption and being buffed by its own death, thinking 'it ate itself'. Actually, it is buffing itself from the Spellbreaker's death - it was played second and died simultaneously. Flesheating Ghoul cannot trigger off the same death that summons it.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Death Knight Starter" series, for the card Ghoul.
- The minon's death sound is the same as the Ghoul unit in Warcraft 3.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Now common quality, down from rare.
- Previously: Whenever a minion dies, gain +1 Attack. [3 mana, 2 attack, 3 health, Rare]