Fist of Jaraxxus
Fist of Jaraxxus
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Discard-related, On-discard effect, Random|
When you play or discard this, deal 4 damage to a random enemy.
* Not actually Jaraxxus' fist.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Fist of Jaraxxus||100||20|
|Golden Fist of Jaraxxus||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell's effect will activate if it is played, or discarded from the hand. It will not activate if directly removed from the game through effects such Fel Reaver or Tracking, or attempting to draw the card with a full hand.
- If Fist of Jaraxxus is countered by Counterspell, nothing will happen.
- If you play Deathwing with Fist of Jaraxxus in your hand, the Fist will only be able to hit the enemy hero. This is because random damage effects ignore pending destroy minions, even though they are still in play.
- Even when triggered by being discarded, Fist of Jaraxxus is affected by Spell Damage and Prophet Velen bonuses.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Lord Jaraxxus is an eredar lord of the Burning Legion and the second encounter of the Trial of the Crusader raid instance. Lord Jaraxxus is accidentally summoned by Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang when the gnome attempts to summon a doomguard for the next challenge. Jaraxxus kills Fizzlebang for his efforts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite Jaraxxus being an eredar with red skin, the artwork depicts a blue-skinned eredar (more specifically the Eredar Chaosbringer from the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game). Ben Brode explained this by saying "That's actually Jaraxxus. An Eredar Lord's skin changes color to match his mood. That's Chillaxxus."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-07).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxN428C3f8 Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5286 (TGT patch)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4U6dDIlws&t=0m49s Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20686 (TGT patch)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3io8LH_JxA Tested in Patch 220.127.116.1186 (TGT patch)
- Ben Brode on Twitter (2015-08-07).