Deal 1 damage.
- Fireblast can deal damage to any targetable character: enemy minions (without being restricted by Taunt), the enemy hero, and even friendly minions or your own hero (whih can be useful to activate effects like Enrage, Floating Watcher or Acolyte of Pain).
- The damage dealt by this Hero Power can be increased as usual by Prophet Velen and Fallen Hero.
- If a player has this Hero Power, Justicar Trueheart's Battlecry will replace it with Fireblast Rank 2, doubling its effect.
While at first glance Fireblast may seem weak compared to some of the other Hero Powers, it in fact possesses many unique advantages. Its ability to directly target minions or heroes makes it extremely useful for picking off vulnerable yet valuable targets, hidden behind a wall of Taunts. It can also be used to conveniently destroy damaged yet powerful minions, or obstructive enemies such as Mirror Images, preventing damage next round or opening the way for your own minions to attack their preferred targets. Since Fireblast deals only a single point of damage, some strategy is needed to ensure that that point is applied where it is most effective.
Fireblast can be used to trigger taking damage-triggered effects such as Acolyte of Pain or Gurubashi Berserker, or Enrage effects, for just 1 damage, making minions with these properties useful for mages.
When the mage is left with at least 2 mana to spare at the end of the round, Fireblast can be a useful mana dump, even if all it accomplishes is dealing 1 damage to the opponent hero, or reducing a minion's health by 1.
This spell is likely based on Fire Blast, a mage spell from World of Warcraft. Fire Blast deals a quick burst of instant damage, useful for dealing uninterruptible burst damage while on the move.
- Using Fireblast on a target is often referred to as "pinging" it, reflecting the Hero Power's light damage.
- Khadgar's Fireblast takes the appearance of a single Arcane Missile, though this is only a cosmetic effect.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Assault on Icecrown Citadel" series, for the card Fireball.