Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Battlecry: Discard a random card.
This puppy chews up cards instead of shoes.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Felstalker are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warlock class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Felstalker sacrifices card efficiency for a lower mana cost, so it is often played in aggressive decks that focus on winning the game early. One could also choose to hold off from playing the Felstalker until it's the only card in hand to avoid the discard entirely.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Felhounds (also known as fel hounds, felbeasts, hellhounds, manastalkers, fel demons and felstalkers) are ugly, red, spined creatures from the depths of the Twisting Nether. Felhounds are demon hounds used by the pit lords to sniff out sources of magic wherever they be found. Felhounds, who feed upon magic itself, are fond of draining the energies of hapless wizards and then ripping their bodies to shreds. They serve as the forerunners of the Burning Legion.
History[edit | edit source]
The card now named Felstalker was originally called Succubus, depicting a female member of the demonic sayaad species, with corresponding voicelines and the flavor text "Warlocks have it pretty good". In patch 126.96.36.199761, Succubus was renamed to Felstalker, with new card art, voicelines, and flavor text to reflect the card's new identity.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You're in trouble now.
- As the master wishes.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Succubus is the third minion that becomes available to warlock players in World of Warcraft. A light-damage minion, she is primarily used for crowd control through her Seduction ability. She can also knock enemies back with Whiplash, and evade early detection with her Lesser Invisibility.
- The sayaad (pronounced say-ahd) (or sayaadi) are a species of demons, who look similar to the nathrezim. Only female sayaad are commonly seen, and are known as succubi (singular succubus). The males are named incubi (singular incubus).
- Succubi revel in causing anguish, and serve the Burning Legion by conducting nightmarish interrogations. Creatures of incredible mental powers, they can lull those of weak minds into their servitude. Succubi know much about love and slake their lust with coupling. They are described as devourers of souls, destroyers of hearts, dominators of minds, and tempters of men.
- The cruel sayaadi temptresses exemplify the subtler side of the Legion's nihilistic crusade. They revel in causing anguish and pain, and their murderous interrogations are the stuff of nightmares. Succubi have a tendency to keep detailed logs of their day-to-day activities. Their accounts are often lurid, almost always grotesque, and were typically written onto "paper" made from the skin of an enemy or a captive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Succubus was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
- The artwork for Succubus comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Hesriana.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52761 (2019-07-01): Renamed from Succubus to Felstalker, with new card art, voicelines, and flavor text.
- Patch 184.108.40.20640 (April or May 2013): Stats changed from 4/4 to 4/3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.