|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Overkill|
Overkill: Give a minion in your hand +2/+2.
Only two things in life are certain: death and axes.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Farraki Battleaxe can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Farraki Battleaxe can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Farraki Battleaxe||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Farraki Battleaxe is a new card to add to Paladin's arsenal of "handbuff" effects, which use cards such as Glowstone Technician to amplify the power of other cards such as Paragon of Light. You could choose to use all of its Attack without Overkill, for a respectable 9 damage in total, or "waste" some damage in exchange for buffing minions in your hand.
Be sure to play out minions which you don't want to buff before attacking, to increase your chances of buffing a more desirable target.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Farraki tribe or the Sandfury tribe (sometimes spelled Sand Fury), originally known as the Razorbranch tribe, is a tribe of sand trolls, located in the deserts of Southern Kalimdor.
- Prior to the War of the Ancients, the Razorbranch tribe was originally part of the Gurubashi empire, living on the fringes of the empire. The Sundering shattered the jungle trolls' territory and isolated the Razorbranch, leaving them stranded in the middle of what swiftly became the desert of Tanaris. The relentless desert sun of Tanaris beat down on the trolls, who gradually adapted to their harsh new environment, becoming sand trolls, now known as the Sandfury tribe. Today they bear only a rough resemblance to the jungle trolls from whom they are descended.
- The capital of the Sandfury is the troll city of Zul'Farrak, but they have few other remaining settlements. Tanaris has long since reclaimed them, leaving it dotted with buried ruins. Since the Sundering, the sand trolls have been forced to give up the majority of Tanaris to outsiders, and are thus fierce to defend what remains of their lands.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Farraki Battleaxe's flavor text is a pun on the idiom "Only two things in life are certain: death and taxes".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52845 (2018-11-29): Added.