|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Combat-related, Triggered effect|
Secret: When your hero is attacked, deal 2 damage to all enemies.
It traps your food AND cooks it for you!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Explosive Trap can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Explosive Trap||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Trap triggers on the same step in the attack sequence as Snake Trap, Freezing Trap, Misdirection, Forgetful effects, and several other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- For example, an Explosive Trap played before Misdirection that kills the attacker would cancel Misdirection's activation. An Explosive Trap played after Misdirection would only kill the attacker (or possibly the new defender) after Misdirection had already activated, wasting the Misdirection effect.
- Unlike Misdirection and Freezing Trap, Explosive Trap will activate normally even if the attacker is neutralized by another effect before it can activate. It will deal damage to all enemies still present, which may or may not include the attacker itself.
- Explosive Trap, like all other Secrets that directly deal damage, is affected by Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- Explosive Trap only triggers from attacks - physical combat from a minion or hero. Direct damage from sources such as Battlecries, spells and Hero Powers will not trigger this Secret.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a great board clearer. Placed when the enemy has multiple low Health minions, it can be devastating to them, giving you an advantage if you are able to have minions on the board prior to this activating. An excellent defence against small minion decks such as Zoolock and Murloc decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap is a hunter trap which explodes when approached, dealing Fire damage to the triggering character and applying a damage over time effect to all nearby targets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Death Trap.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Previously: Secret: When a minion damages your hero, deal 2 damage to all enemies. [2 mana, Common]
References[edit | edit source]
- Rai Kanegasi (2014-6-22). Freezing and Explosive Traps - Hearthstone.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2013-03-19). Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK).