|Tags:||Positional effect, Targeted|
Deal 5 damage to a minion and 2 damage to adjacent ones.
Pull the pin, count to 5, then shoot. Then duck.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Explosive Shot can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Explosive Shot can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 or Gold 10 in Ranked mode.
|Golden Explosive Shot||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Shot first deals damage to the targeted minion and adjacent ones in the order center-left-right, then resolves all Damage Events (queuing and resolving triggers) in the same order.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is a powerful card with a strong positional element. 5 damage is dealt to the target minion, while 2 damage is dealt to each of the adjacent ones. It therefore pays to choose the direct target of this spell with care, ensuring that damage is dealt in the best possible way.
When playing against a hunter, one should place their strongest minions on the edges of the board. Then only 2 minions will take damage if the hunter uses an Explosive Shot on those higher-value minions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Grievous Bite and Meteor are the only spells other than Explosive Shot to have the same "low-high-low" damage-dealing pattern. Swipe is also similar in its ability to do one high and several low amounts of damage. Powershot and Cone of Cold are similar in damaging 3 adjacent minions.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Explosive Shot.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Text changed from "Deal 6 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones" to "Deal 5 damage to a minion and 2 damage to adjacent ones".
- Patch 184.108.40.20640 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Deal 5 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones" to "Deal 6 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones".