|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, deal 6 damage to it and any excess to their hero.
Sometimes it's safer NOT to read the warning signs.
- For the Tavern Brawl spell, see Explosive Runes (Nefarian Rises! spell).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Explosive Runes||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If this Secret triggers on a Divine Shield minion, the Divine Shield will pop and absorb damage equal to the minion's health. Any leftover damage is then dealt to the enemy hero.
- Example: Playing Silvermoon Guardian (with 3 health) into Explosive Runes will pop the minion's Divine Shield and deal 3 damage to the controlling player's hero.
- Example: Playing Tirion Fordring (with 6 health) into Explosive Runes will pop the minion's Divine Shield but won't deal damage to the controlling player's hero.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a powerful tempo-generating secret that packs removal and direct damage into one. The amount of damage it deals is enough to remove most minions that are played on curve while dealing substantial damage to the opponent, which helps soften the enemy hero for other burst damage cards like Pyroblast. Unlike other Secrets that interact with minion plays like Mirror Entity or Potion of Polymorph, its power does not scale with the minion it was activated off of. While it won't be as effective when the opponent plays a big minion, it's harder to check for with small minions especially if conserving Health is a major concern.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.