|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Cost-related, Random|
Transform your minions into random minions that cost (1) more.
So you say you want an evolution. Well, you know. We all want to change the board.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The replacement minion is selected randomly from all collectible minions that cost 1 more, regardless of class.
- The base mana cost of the affected minion is used to determine the selection, not the mana cost paid when summoning it. 
- If there is no minion of the intended cost to transform the target into, the target minion will not be affected. This currently applies to all minions with a mana cost of 12, 20 and 25(such as Mountain Giant, Molten Giant and Shirvallah the Tiger).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Like Master of Evolution, Evolve suits decks focused around Battlecry, as it increases your minions' below average stats while you can still make use of the Battlecries themselves.
- Evolve has strong synergy with Thing from Below, Corridor Creeper and Nerubian Prophet, as they can eventually be played for little mana while their high base mana cost makes them Evolve into higher-costing minions.
- Because Evolve affects all of your minions, it is also suited for decks with a high minion count.
- Flooding the board with cheap minions like Bilefin Tidehunter, Feral Spirit, Tuskarr Totemic or your hero power, then casting Evolve can have devastating effects. For best effect, combine with Pantry Spider, Doppelgangster, or Big-Time Racketeer, since the summoned minions share the same base mana cost as the card.
- Because "Token"-minions like those created by the cards mentioned above have their own mana costs (1 in most cases), evolving them will drastically increase their value.
- The Onyxia Evolve (9+1)-cost combo, for example, will turn Onyxia into a 10-mana minion, and her up to six Whelps into 2-mana random minions; effectively up to a 22-mana result for a 10-cost single turn play.
- Obviously, Evolve does not work out well with minions with Overload such as Flamewreathed Faceless and Earth Elemental as those minions are already better than almost all of the minions they can turn into.
- Keep in mind that the effects of Evolve are very random. While its impact on your board is positive most of the time, especially if you control many minions, it may also backfire.
- Damage and enchantments are not transferred to the new Evolved minions. One may use Evolve to "heal" and purify their entire board.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text parodies the 1968 Beatles song "Revolution". The original lyrics are "You say you want a revolution/Well, you know/We all want to change the world".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Added.