|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Battlecry: If you're holding any cards from another class, reduce their Cost by (2).
Yeah, sure. That Ragnaros "fell off the back of a truck".
- NB: The image for this card is currently out of date following recent changes, and will be updated as soon as possible. The correct data can be found in the infobox.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Ethereal Peddler||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to each class card in your hand from a different class that reduces by 2 the mana cost of that card. In particular:
- This card's effect does not affect neutral cards or class cards of your current class.
- This card's effect does affect multi-class cards regardless of your current class, such as Lotus Agents if you are a Rogue. However, Kazakus Potions created by Kazakus are not affected: this may be a bug, or they may be considered neutral cards rather than multi-class cards.[verification requested]
- Dream Cards created by Ysera, despite having the green hunter card frames, are considered neutral, and they will not receive the Ethereal Peddler discount.
- Death Knight cards created by The Lich King and Arfus are considered to belong to their own Death Knight class, and therefore they will receive the discount from Ethereal Peddler.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has obvious synergy with cards like Burgle, Swashburglar and Undercity Huckster, as well as Nefarian and Grand Crusader. Given this minion's already reasonable stats for its cost, even one or two reduced cards will make Ethereal Peddler highly cost-efficient.
Prior to Patch 18.104.22.16866, this minion had increased synergy with non-Rogue classes, typically discounting most if not all of the cards in the player's hand.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Need something unusual?
- I'll take that.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Treading the chaotic spaces between worlds, the ethereals are astral travelers who dwell within the Twisting Nether. They are known to be collectors and traders of arcane items and artifacts. Now drawn to Outland, many ethereals are seeking to track down its treasures and steal them back into the Twisting Nether. They are liars and scoundrels who will stop at nothing to pursue their mysterious aims. The ethereals have no care at all for the Burning Crusade. They would even play both sides of the conflict against each other if doing so would serve to further their own goals.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This appears to be the first female ethereal seen in Warcraft, with a distinctly feminine voice and slightly more feminine "body" shape.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12466 (2018-04-10): Text changed from "Battlecry: If you're holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2)." to "Battlecry: If you're holding any cards from another class, reduce their Cost by (2)."
- Patch 126.96.36.19981 (2016-10-20): Text changed from "Battlecry: Reduce the Cost of cards in your hand from other classes by (2)." to "Battlecry: If you’re holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2)."
- Commentary: This was done to make it more clear, especially with upcoming releases.
- Patch 188.8.131.5221 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- A post on Reddit. (2018-04-11).