As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Artist:||J. Meyers & Nutchapol|
Battlecry: Unlock your Overloaded Mana Crystals.
Just try to avoid eye contact.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Eternal Sentinel||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's Battlecry unlocks (and refills) all your Overloaded Mana Crystals (increasing your current available mana accordingly) and removes any pending Overload for the next turn.
- This minion's effect only clears Overload which was already in place before Eternal Sentinel was played: any Overload incurred after playing Eternal Sentinel will not be affected.
- Since Battlecries takes effect only after the card has been played and its mana cost paid, Overloaded mana can prevent a player from playing Eternal Sentinel even if its Battlecry would have freed up enough mana to pay its cost.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A reasonable minion in itself for the cost, this card is valuable for its Battlecry, equivalent to the secondary effect of Lava Shock. This can unlock multiple Overloaded Mana Crystals, effectively lowering the overall mana cost of the Overloading cards, and negating the loss of tempo normally created by playing those cards.
This card can be considered the minion counterpart to Lava Shock. Generally you will prefer Lava Shock as it is faster and fits into the more aggressive Shaman archetypes, however this minion still boasts a good body which can be used in the early game to help with board control. A minion with 3/2 stat distribution is considered premium for a 2-mana card and has a good chance to "trade up" or deal 3 damage to the enemy hero.
A turn 4 Ancestral Knowledge followed by this card into a turn 5 Doomhammer would be quite an ideal scenario, just as one example. Playing it with cards with very large Overload such as Elemental Destruction is also very effective.
With only 2 Overload in place, this minion can be considered a free card, effectively incurring no mana cost. At higher levels of Overload it effectively generates mana for the player, in addition to summoning a useful minion. This makes it an efficient addition to any deck with Overload cards, even if not the primary focus of the deck.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I can see what is to come.
- You will see.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1174 (2016-04-24): Added.