Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Escape from Durnholde
|Abilities:||Casts When Drawn, Draw cards, Generate|
|Tags:||Draw-related, On-draw effect, Random, Spell-generating|
Casts When Drawn
Add two random spells to your hand.
- NB: The image for this card is currently out of date following recent changes, and will be updated as soon as possible. The correct data can be found in the infobox.
Generated by[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Durnholde Keep is a ruined stronghold located east of the town of Tarren Mill in the Hillsbrad Foothills. It used to be an internment camp and prison for the orcs. After the Second War, Durnholde served as the command center of the orc internment camps. The keep was initially ruled by the self-absorbed drunkard Lieutenant General Aedelas Blackmoore.
- After Go'el was found amongst the bloody bodies of his murdered parents by Aedelas Blackmoore, the orc baby was taken to Durnholde Keep. He was trained and taught by many, wet-nursed by a human woman, and grew to befriend her daughter, Taretha Foxton.
- Blackmoore renamed the boy "Thrall", beat and tortured him in the ring, using Thrall to obtain greater rank and prestige. Taretha began to write him letters in his prison, and he wrote back to her. eventually writing that he would escape. Taretha created a diversion while Thrall escaped from his cell. They met up outside the fortress, and Taretha gave him provisions and supplies. He then left Durnholde, hoping never to return again.
- However, Thrall rallied the free orcs in a campaign to end the internment camp system, eventually liberating the smaller encampments, and finally Thrall laid siege to Durnholde. Thrall slew Blackmoore in single combat, completely destroyed the keep, calling upon the Spirit of the Earth to level the fortress.
Gallery[edit | edit source]