|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
The Sholazar Basin is home to a lot of really horrible things. If you're going to visit, wear bug spray. And plate armor.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Emperor Cobra can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Emperor Cobra can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Emperor Cobra||800||100|
Summoned by[edit | edit source]
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be summoned by the following cards.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While the Emperor Cobra's stats are nothing impressive, it possesses the Poisonous ability: any minion damaged by it is destroyed. Abilities like the shaman spell Ancestral Healing or the druid spell Mark of the Wild, or minions that give other minions taunt like Sunfury Protector, Houndmaster or Defender of Argus can give you a snake that will instantly kill any attacker. Even the mighty Deathwing is not safe from the Emperor Cobra. Using Emperor Cobra with Tundra Rhino allows for instant removal, unless the targeted minion has Divine Shield.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Nag the Twisted.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16820 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Destroy any minion damaged by this minion." to "Poisonous".
- Patch 22.214.171.12417 (2013-12-10): The spelling of the word "Sholazar" in the card's flavor text has been corrected from "Scholozar".
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Has a new visual to remind you about his venomous power.
- Patch 188.8.131.5240 (April or May 2013): Stats changed from 0/1 to 2/3. Text changed from "Has +Attack equal to the number of Mana Crystals you have." to "Destroy any minion damaged by this minion."