|Abilities:||Battlecry, Multiply attribute|
Battlecry: Double the Attack and Health of all minions in your hand.
Taste your world's corruption! It tastes like chicken.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Emeriss has very good synergy with Charge minions such as Leeroy Jenkins and King Krush. Leeroy being able to deal 12 damage or King Krush being able to deal 16 damage to enemy hero is devastating. While not as potent, Rush minions can also benefit from the power-up, letting even lower-cost minions clear larger threats off the board. Taunt minions are also good choices; for example, Witchwood Grizzly can be buffed to a mighty 6/24 for 5 Mana (its Health-reducting Battlecry will only take effect after its Health has been increased, meaning that even at worst it will be reduced to 6/12, which is still impressive for 5 Mana).
Emeriss works well with high cost cards making them very powerful with their cost. For example Savannah Highmane being 6 mana 12/10 which becomes overvalued.
Cards that add copies to hand or deck such as Augmented Elekk can be very powerful, allowing you to use Emeriss' effect multiple times.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Be reborn in the curse!
- Cower before me!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Emeriss is one of the four Dragons of Nightmare. She was previously a world boss in the original Dragons of Nightmare event.
- In recent times, Ysera's most trusted lieutenants had been warped by a dark new power within the Emerald Dream. These wayward sentinels passed through the Great Trees into Azeroth, intending to spread madness and terror throughout the mortal kingdoms.
- The mysterious dark power within the Emerald Dream transformed the once-majestic Emeriss into a rotting, diseased monstrosity. Reports from the few who survived encounters with the dragon told of horrifying tales of putrid mushrooms erupting from the corpses of their dead companions. Emeriss was truly the most gruesome and appalling of Ysera's estranged green dragons.
- During the War Against the Nightmare, Emeriss was one of the major antagonists as a servant of the Nightmare. She and Lethon attacked Eranikus in order to corrupt him, but thanks to Alexstrasza, the corrupted dragons were forced to retreat. When Tyrande, Broll, Lucan and Thura were flying on a green dragon in order to leave the Dream, Emeriss attacked them, though the group was able to get to Azeroth.
- Emeriss later returned to battle Tyrande and Malfurion, but Tyrande attempted to remove Emeriss's corruption with the power of Elune. However, the dragon was so far gone that there was nothing left to heal, and she was simply disintegrated. Tyrande remarked that, "...there was nothing left but the corruption... and when I tried to heal that... it left only emptiness..."
- When Ysondre is taken by the Emerald Nightmare once again, the corrupted spirits of her deceased comrades join her in the Emerald Dreamway, including Emeriss. After the defeat of Xavius, Emeriss's spirit along with the spirits of the other three former Dragons of Nightmare are seen in the restored Emerald Dream.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20666 (2018-04-10): Added.