|Abilities:||Battlecry, Gain Armor|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, gain 5 Armor.
The third little dragon made his armor out of adamantite.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Emberscale Drake can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Emberscale Drake can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Emberscale Drake||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Emberscale Drake is a central card for Dragon Warrior decks. As Warriors have access to several other strong dragons like Dragonmaw Scorcher and Crowd Roaster, as well as ways to generate even more with Dragon Roar and War Master Voone, satisfying the requirement for it's battlecry should be easy. The Emberscale Drake's strong and balanced stats, in addition to the armor which is the equivalent to 2.5 hero powers, all make it a strong play from the mid-game onwards.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Emberscale Drake is a proto-dragon.
- Proto-dragons (also known as proto dragons, protodragons or proto-drakes) are the feral, long-forgotten forebears of the dragon species. The vrykul frequently use them as mounts.
- The proto-dragons descend from elementals who avoided being imprisoned in the Elemental Plane and instead remained on Azeroth, where some of them gradually transformed into creatures of flesh and blood. More specifically, Brann Bronzebeard recently uncovered evidence, corroborated by reports from adventurers in Deepholm, that proto-dragons may have origins in elemental drakes such as stone and storm drakes. The inhabitants of Deepholm, the Skywall, the Firelands, and the Abyssal Maw are less than talkative on these matters, however, and most of them were not around when the elemental prisons were created.
- The proto-dragons are thus early version of dragons before they evolved into the sapient, beautiful majestic creatures they are known as today.
- Galakrond, a massive proto-dragon, is known as the "progenitor of dragonkind" and long ago resorted to cannibalism. This act of consuming other proto-dragons gave Galakrond unbelievable strength and increased his size, but horribly mutated his body as well. His breath reanimated the dead proto-dragons around him into a form of undeath. It is said that from Galakrond the titans created the Aspects, but this is a rumor the Aspects actively encouraged so as to keep the truth about Galakrond a secret from the dragonflights.
- Proto-drakes are generally bestial and display none of the great intelligence and wisdom of true dragons, though those that would later become the Dragon Aspects proved otherwise when they fought alongside Tyr against Galakrond. Kalecgos noted in his visions of the past that this was extremely odd.
- Proto-dragon whelps grow at an incredible rate and can devour nearly twice their weight in raw meat per day. Some proto-dragons have a wide array of strengths and abilities, with examples including incredible fortitude, massive size or the ability to unknowingly tap into latent elemental energies in order to breathe fire or frost at their enemies.
The name "Emberscale" specifically refers to black proto-dragons bred and used by the combined Iron Horde and Dragonmaw forces that occupied Upper Blackrock Spire during the Iron Horde Incursion. These include Emberscale Adolescents, Emberscale Ironflights, Emberscale Whelplings, and the Emberscale Matron.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199845 (2018-11-29): Added.