Elite Tauren Chieftain
|Set:||Hall of Fame|
Battlecry: Give both players the power to ROCK! (with a Power Chord card)
He's looking for a drummer. The current candidates are: Novice Engineer, Sen'jin Shieldmasta', and Ragnaros the Firelord.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Regular Elite Tauren Chieftain can be obtained through crafting:
|Elite Tauren Chieftain||1600||400|
Golden Elite Tauren Chieftain can only be obtained as a promotion from purchasing a ticket or virtual ticket to Blizzcon 2013. These tickets are no longer for sale, but players who have already purchased one can obtain a single copy of this minion by logging into the game.
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is most notable for the outrageous and unprecedented visual and audio effects upon playing the card. Each of the Power Chord cards also feature unique sounds and animations.
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is the second promotion card to be added to the game. Similar to the first promotion card, Gelbin Mekkatorque, this card brings a strong element of RNG to the game, adding an unpredictable and potentially game-changing element to the match. Its battlecry is also notable for providing an equal advantage to each player, rather than favouring the player who played it.
- Rogues Do It... is a spell with two steps: first, it damages its target, queuing and resolving triggers; then, it draws a card, queuing and resolving triggers.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Elite Tauren Chieftain grants each player one of three possible 'Power Chord' cards. All Power Chord cards are 4 mana spell cards.
Summons a single minion for the player. Possible minions summoned are:
- Cairne Bloodhoof
- Frostwolf Grunt
- Tauren Warrior
- Thrallmar Farseer
- Sen'jin Shieldmasta
- Silvermoon Guardian
This is by far the most unpredictable option, with the potential to be one of the strongest or the weakest of the Power Chords.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elite Tauren Chieftain summoning features one of the most extensive animations in the game, at the time of its addition rivalled only by Twisting Nether. The individual Power Chords were also the first spells to be added to produce significant ongoing sounds during their target selection stage; rather than simple effects such as the sound of a spell preparing to be cast, short pieces of music, featuring drums, bass and lead guitar, are played repeatedly until a target is chosen. Some of the card's animations and effects can be seen here.
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is a real-life band comprised of Blizzard employees, known for performing their own hard-rocking material with lyrics set in the Warcraft universe. Elite Tauren Chieftain often perform at BlizzCon and have released several singles. They also feature in-game in Shattrath City, at the Darkmoon Faire and in Blackrock Depths' Grim Guzzler. See Elite Tauren Chieftain on wowpedia for details.
- The three different spells generated by Elite Tauren Chieftain in Hearthstone are all named and themed after songs by the ETC band: Power of the Horde (2003), I Am Murloc (2007) and Rogues Do it from Behind (2007).
- Elite Tauren Chieftain has the exact same Rarity, Cost, Attack and Health as the debug card DEBUG. The two cards also share the exact same ID (682).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04) Moved to the Hall of Fame set.
- Patch 184.108.40.20617 (2013-12-10): The golden version of the Elite Tauren Chieftain has been added to collections of those who attended BlizzCon 2013 or who purchased a Virtual Ticket.