Elise the Trailblazer
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Shuffle into deck|
Battlecry: Shuffle a sealed Un'Goro pack into your deck.
Reno taught her that blazing her own trail is a lot more fun than following someone else's map.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Elise the Trailblazer||1600||400|
|Golden Elise the Trailblazer||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The generated Un'Goro Pack will open 5 Journey to Un'Goro non-Quest cards, where at least one card is guaranteed to be of Epic or greater rarity. This is similar to, but more rewarding than, opening a normal Un'Goro pack from the Shop, which doing so would only guarantee a card of Rare rarity or greater. The cards opened from Un'Goro Pack are thus "more rewarding" than normal Un'Goro packs, and it has been implied that they will usually contain at least one legendary card.
- To compare with actual card pack openings, see: Card pack statistics.
- The generated Un'Goro Pack will often give cards from other classes, similar to gaining cards from multiple classes when opening a normal Un'Goro pack.
- Like regular pack openings, there will also be a chance to get golden versions of cards from an Un'Goro Pack.
- If the Elise card is golden, she adds a golden Un’Goro Pack to your deck, which contains five golden cards.
- If the player has 6 or more cards in hand when "opening" the Un'Goro Pack, only an amount of cards that would fit within the hand limit of 10 will be generated. The animation will only display those cards, not all 5 that "should" be in the pack.
- Example: A priest has 7 cards in hand, then plays an Un'Goro Pack. The played Pack brings the hand size to 6, then the Pack animates 4 cards being opened and placed into the hand. There is no fifth card.
- The cards opened from the generated Un'Goro Pack will be usable in the current game only; they are not added to your collection.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Elise the Trailblazer has adequate stats for her mana cost. Fittingly similar to Elise Starseeker, her true power will come in time, and thus is used best in decks that will either stall to attrition or quickly cycle through the deck. Un'Goro Pack's 5 cards for 2 mana is excellent value, but it must be kept in mind that these cards will be completely random, and as such may not fit in with your deck's synergy. That being said, if at least two of the cards added to your hand are useful, then you've gotten more value out of Un'Goro Pack than Arcane Intellect, its closest comparison of drawing for mana cost.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- This jungle hides many secrets.
- Aluth neladar!
Lore[edit | edit source]
This card represents Elise Starseeker, specifically during her expedition to Un'Goro.
History[edit | edit source]
Elise the Trailblazer had a lot of design iteration. One earlier version of her effect saw her "Discover a Quest". Once the Quest was discovered, she'd also provide a package of helper cards in your deck to help complete it. However, the effect made Quests overall feel "less cool" and discouraged Quest-oriented deckbuilding. Around the same time, Elise's Un'Goro Pack was originally destined to be the Priest quest reward, but it didn't feel powerful enough for completing the Quest, leading designers to realize it was "a natural fit" for Elise instead.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- First Journey to Un'Goro card reveal livestream. (2017-03-17). Peter Whalen on Twitch.
- Trump (2017-04-22). Hearthstone: He Just Wants to Open Packs - Pt. 2 (Dragon Priest) - YouTube at 13:31 and 21:05.
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-04-17).
- Donais, Mike and Peter Whalen. Interview by Cam Shea (2017-05-14). Hearthstone: Designing Un'Goro's Most Innovative Legendary Minions.