|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Overload|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Random|
Deal 4-5 damage to all minions. Overload: (5)
I'm not a shaman or anything, but isn't Elemental Destruction the opposite of what they want to do?
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Elemental Destruction||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Lightning Storm, Elemental Destruction deals its damage to all minions, both the player's and the opponent's.
- The damage dealt by Elemental Destruction is calculated individually for each minion (so one minion may take 4 damage and another may take 5 damage).
- Although still figuring out the set of minions it will damage before beginning to damage anything, Elemental Destruction (unlike most area of effect damaging effect) resolves each Damage Event (queuing and resolving triggers) as soon as it is created in play order, before moving to damage the next minion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ostensibly a cheap and powerful removal spell, this card has two disadvantages. Firstly, it Overloads 5 Mana Crystals, for a total cost of 8 mana. However, Elemental Destruction has excellent synergy with Lava Shock and Eternal Sentinel, to prevent the incapability of playing cards the next turn. Secondly, it deals damage to all minions, including those belonging to the caster. As a result it is best played in a control deck, or as a strong counter to aggressive decks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Sha'kar.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5286 (2015-08-18): Added.