We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Death-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Secret: When a friendly minion dies, summon a random minion with the same Cost.
Burning man, brah.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The summoned minion is selected randomly from all collectible minions with the same cost as the triggering minion's base mana cost, regardless of class. This means there is a chance that the affected minion will be replaced by a fresh copy of the same card.
- The base mana cost of the target minion is used to determine the selection, not the mana cost paid when summoning it.
- If put into play by Mad Scientist's Deathrattle, Effigy will not trigger from the Mad Scientist's death.
- The minion generated by Effigy will always be golden, whether the Effigy card itself is golden or non-golden: it is not known if it is intended or it is a bug. [verification requested]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a Secret that generates tempo by summoning a new minion after one of them dies. Can be useful for tempo mage decks due to this, but keep in mind your opponent can play around this card by destroying the lowest costing minion on your board, so keep your current selection of minions in mind when playing this card.
Should your board be empty, consider using other spells such as Frost Nova or Flamestrike on the same turn as Effigy in order to gain safety for one turn before playing a high costing minion the following turn. This allows a guarantee that the only destroyable target for Effigy to trigger on to be minions normally too high to play on the same turn, such as Ysera or Deathwing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text refers to the "Burning Man", an annual gathering in Nevada, described as "an experiment in community and art".
- This card's artwork appears to depict the Wickerman, a straw construct resembling a humanoid traditionally burnt during the celebration of Hallow's End.
- A Wickerman is burned by the Forsaken near the walls of Lordaeron during the Wickerman Festival to honor Queen Sylvanas and their escape from the Scourge. After the Cataclysm, Gilneas reintroduces the practice of burning the Wickerman to the Alliance. For the Alliance, the wickerman embodies any unrest, fear, or uncertainty within them. They set it ablaze with the hope of tempering themselves against whatever tomorrow may bring. Gilneans burn one outside of Stormwind City. Smaller wickermen are also burned in other parts of the world during Hallow's End in order to practice putting out fires from the attacks by the Headless Horseman. The Moonkin of Silvermyst Isle also have a Wickerman.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1186 (2015-08-18): Added.