Nothing beats rock.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Earth Elemental can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Earth Elemental can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 or Diamond 10 in Ranked mode.
|Golden Earth Elemental||1600||400|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Earth Elemental will be a part of the upcoming Core set with the following appearance:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a 5 mana 7/8 minion with Taunt the Earth Elemental provides both strong defensive and offensive abilities. However its drawback is the hefty 3 mana Overload cost, which can come back to haunt you if the Earth Elemental gets immediately countered. Be cautious about playing it while your opponent still has cards and removal options remaining.
The combo of dropping the Earth Elemental and buffing him with Windfury the next turn makes for a swift game-changer.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Earth elementals are elemental creatures made of the rock, and energy of the earth itself. Their home/domain on the Elemental Plane is known as Deepholm and the leader of the earth elementals is Therazane. The Stone Lords rule Deepholm under Therazane. Each of their personalities seems to embody a different aspect of earth. Not all earth elementals are minions of the elemental lords and princes, some are minions of the elemental spirits of Outland.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Frost Trap.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Forged in the Barrens patch (Not yet implemented, planned April, 2021): Moved from the Classic set into the Legacy set. Now has Overload: (2), down from Overload: (3).
- Patch 184.108.40.20657 (2017-08-08): Text updated to have a line break between the keywords.
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Now an Elemental; previously no minion type.
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Taunt. Recall (3)" to "Taunt. Overload (3)"