|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute|
The first card each player plays each turn costs (0).
Someone called her "Tweety". She didn't take it well.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Duskfallen Aviana||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Duskfallen Aviana's Ongoing effect reduces the cost of all cards to 0 at the start of each turn until a card has already been played. This includes Aviana herself.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Due to her effect impacting both players, she benefits the opposing player first. This makes her an extremely high liability in most matchups, as allowing your opponent to play a free 7+ spell or minion usually means you won’t have a chance to take advantage of her ability yourself.
Therefore, optimal play with her would focus on putting her in a control deck, and then placing her on the board against an aggro deck as early as possible. However, even in best case scenarios, she will still be an extremely high-risk card.
One way to use Duskfallen Aviana is to cheat her out without playing a card, such as with Alarm-o-bot or Sneed's Old Shredder. However, this is massively inconsistent. The only reliable method of using Duskfallen Aviana is to use Maiev Shadowsong to make her Dormant, although even then this combo costs 9 mana is far less practical than most other combo enablers.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The sky darkens and your tale will end.
- Fly or die!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Based on the name, Duskfallen Aviana seemingly represents a version of the Wild God Aviana that has fallen under the sway of the corruption within the Witchwood. As such, this version of Aviana unique to Hearthstone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card was leaked by Blizzard Korea a day before it was set to be revealed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1166 (2018-04-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- pushkin2584 (2018-04-02). [TWW] New cards leaked via Blizzard Korea - Duskfallen Aviana. Reddit. Retrieved on 2018-04-02.