As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Triggered effect|
At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all other minions.
Let's be clear about this: ACIDMAW is the sidekick.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Despite the flavor text and lore concept of Acidmaw and Dreadscale working together well, the 10 mana required to put a measly 4/2 and a 4/1 (Acidmaw takes damage) on the board is far too much, and the situations where this combo is worth it are far and few between. Other removal combos are usually preferable and easier to achieve, many requiring only one card: Doomsayer for all(and best with Freezing Mage), DOOM! and Twisting Nether for warlocks, Poison Seeds and Starfall for druids, or Equality+Wild Pyromancer for paladins.
Dreadscale is actually a good card in a theoretical Control Hunter deck. As of League of Explorers, there is no competitively viable hunter control deck. Dreadscale can play the same role that Baron Geddon plays in other control decks. It's great against aggro since aggro minions don't usually have high Health. Specifically, it is good at clearing the Deathrattles of Haunted Creepers. It doesn't reach minions such as the Knife Juggler that Baron Geddon would kill, but Dreadscale can also be played on turn 3 and doesn't decrease your life total.
Dreadscale can also be used with Veranus. Not only is the combo cheaper, it only destroys the opponent side of the board and both cards are perfectly valid on their own.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Dreadscale is one of the two jormungars that compose the second part of the first encounter in the Trial of the Crusader - the Northrend Beasts.
- Jormungar are creatures that can be encountered in Northrend. They have muscular, flattened bodies with rows of crystalline spines along either flank.
- According to the vrykul Astrid Bjornrittar the jormungar are the children of the titanic watcher Loken. Further legends tell of the Nerubians using the jormungar as creatures of labor, forcing them to carve massive tunnels through Northrend's subterranean ice and lay the groundwork for the nerubians' ancient civilization. With the fall of the nerubian empire, swarms of rogue jormungar ran amok, drilling through the region's permafrost, attacking surface dwellers, and devouring everything in their path. The jormungar no longer serve the nerubians, undead or otherwise, in any capacity any longer, however, Scourged Burrowers are similar creatures with a similar function for them.
- The fiercely aggressive jormungar are a marvel of evolution, possessing rows of chisel-like teeth capable of boring through solid rock, as well as muscular, flattened bodies well adapted to rapid underground navigation. They have ice-cold, acidic blood which was once collected by the nerubians. The jormungar have perhaps the strangest diet; they grow strong by eating the eggs of their own kind and the best eggs come from deep jormungar.
- Each brood has a spawnmother living deep underground. The jormungar are a nuisance best dealt with quickly. If given any quarter, they breed like hares and spread like fire. There are multiple stages of jormungar: The egg sac, the jormungar grub, the regular jormungar, and the jormungar wyrm. The wyrm stage is more ruggedly featured, and partially submerged at all times (with some exceptions).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.