|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: If your opponent has 15 or less Health, gain +3/+3.
Drakonids were created to have all the bad parts of a dragon in the form of a humanoid. But, like, why?
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Drakonid Crusher||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
With average stats for its cost, Drakonid Crusher's value becomes apparent against low health opponents. That makes this minion excellent as a finisher in aggro decks based around Dragon synergy. Alexstrasza can be used to fulfill the card's requirement.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- For Blackwing!
- For the Spire!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Blackrock Mountain[edit | edit source]
World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- Drakonid (or draconid) are humanoid dragon-like creatures first seen by mortals in Blackrock Mountain.
- It was believed that Nefarian had been experimenting with the blood of all of the various dragonflights to produce unstoppable warriors. The drakonid in Blackrock Mountain appear to be the result of some of the black dragon Nefarian's experiments with the blood of different dragonkin. The other places they are found in and other dragonflights they are affiliated with may disprove that theory, but the initial assumption was that alongside the blood-based experiments that created the chromatic dragonflight, drakonid (then only found in Blackwing Lair) were created from the blood of dragonkin and humanoids, while Chromaggus was created from the blood of dragonkin and core hounds (likely The Beast). Their origins are still mostly unknown, but they seem to come from empowered mortal humanoids.
- They are meant to be the footmen and standard soldiers of the Legions of Blackrock, and though they have considerable magic resistances, a flaw does exist; each drakonid has a fatal weakness to one magic type, making it suffer enormous damage from that particular school. This weakness can be used to the advantage of any mortal army daring to step into the halls of Blackwing Lair in order to challenge the sinister Nefarian.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Obsidian Drudge.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19930 (2016-10-03): Flavor text typo corrected: "humaniod" changed to "humanoid".
- Patch 188.8.131.5211 (2015-03-31): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Horrors of the Hidden Laboratory. (2015-03-26).