|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Cost-related|
Reveal a spell from your deck. Deal damage equal to its Cost to all minions.
"C'mon Hucklemuck. She'll never notice if we take just one little coin."
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dragon's Fury||1600||400|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
- This Card is very useful and good removal for big spell Mage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the development of Kobolds and Catacombs, the developers tried "a bunch of things" that triggered off the cost of spells in the player's deck, including Dragon's Fury. There were four of five of them really early on in the design process, but Dragon's Fury was the only card that survived until release because it accomplished exactly what its deck archetype needed: a way to get back on the board after playing defensively. There was discussion early on as to whether Dragon's Fury should only hit the opponent's minions or all minions, and whether or not it would draw the card it revealed. Originally, Dragon's Fury did draw the card, but it was deemed too powerful and the developers wanted all of Dragon's Fury's power to be in the board clear aspect rather than in "this incidental stuff". The developers tried very hard to drive the cost of Dragon's Fury down as low as possible by emphasizing the aspects of board clear and it triggering off of the cost of spells in the player's deck.
- The card art of Dragon's Fury went through some iteration. Game Designer Peter Whalen considers it to be his favorite piece of card art in the set, and is so fond of it that he ended up buying the original artwork. The card that the art was originally assigned to went through some iteration, and so the card art ended up not working on it, but Whalen desperately wanted to keep the art in the set. Dragon's Fury was a good fit for the art, so the developers made a three-way art swap with some other cards. Despite not being the original thematic of the card, Whalen thinks that it ended up working out really well.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Barrett (2017-12-01). Hearthstone Kobolds & Catacombs card reveal: Dragon's Fury and the new Mage archetype | PCGamesN. Retrieved on 2017-12-01.