|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Boom Bots. WARNING: Bots may explode.
MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dr. Boom||3200||1600|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Boom's right Boom Bot spawns before the left Boom Bot, for the purpose of effects such as Knife Juggler and Sword of Justice.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Due to their Deathrattle your opponent will be hesitant to destroy your Boom Bots, giving you an opportunity to make use of Mech-dependent minions like Cogmaster, Tinkertown Technician, or even Mimiron's Head.
The Boom Bots can be used with Baron Rivendare for double damage. Note that the target for each burst of damage will be determined separately; the Boom Bots may therefore strike the same target twice, or two separate targets. If paired with Kel'Thuzad, the Boom Bots can serve as continuous damage output. Mages in particular can use the Fireblast Hero Power to repeatedly destroy them. Also, using Brann Bronzebeard you can get 4 Boom Bots.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Boom is the former protégé of Lead Sapper Blastfizzle at Area 52. Previously known as Sparky Uberthruster, he refused to wear his protective nether helmet and over time became irradiated. He became known as Dr. Boom. He set up his camp northeast of Area 52 with a majority of the goblins' sapping equipment and has terrorized Area 52 ever since.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Boom is a reference to Marvel super-villain Doctor Doom, best known for battling the Fantastic Four. The Boom Bots are references to the Doombots created by him, exact replicas of Doctor Doom complete with extremely advanced artificial intelligence.
- While the Doctor Doom link is established, it is possible the form of the Boom Bots are a reference to the 1999 game, "BoomBots", by The Neverhood Inc.
- The card description is a subtle reference to Marvel as well.
- As of November 2014, Dr. Boom is the only known card to feature flavor text on the main body of the card. Dr. Boom's flavor text is intended to remind players of the function of the Boom Bots. The only other cards with anything comparable are Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild, which simply have some additional explanation, such as (+2 Attack/+2 Health), to clarify the card text for absolute beginners; Power Overwhelming, the card text for which states in a flavor-like way that the affected minion will die "horribly", rather than simply stating that it will be destroyed, as well as Gelbin Mekkatorque and Elite Tauren Chieftain, who summons an "AWESOME" invention and gives players "the power to ROCK" respectively.
- Dr. Boom is often jokingly dubbed by the community "Dr. Balanced" as many players view the card to be too powerful and unbalanced. Blizzard has stated they have no plans to change the card despite its criticism.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04): Added.