|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Boom Bots. WARNING: Bots may explode.
MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!
- For Dr. Boom's other appearances, see Dr. Boom (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dr. Boom||3200||1600|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Boom's right Boom Bot spawns before the left Boom Bot, for the purpose of effects such as Knife Juggler and Sword of Justice.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Due to their Deathrattle your opponent will be hesitant to destroy your Boom Bots, giving you an opportunity to make use of Mech-dependent minions like Cogmaster, Tinkertown Technician, or even Mimiron's Head. Likewise, the Boom Bots are excellent targets for Magnetic minions, especially Venomizer.
The Boom Bots can be used with Baron Rivendare for double damage. Note that the target for each burst of damage will be determined separately; the Boom Bots may therefore strike the same target twice, or two separate targets. If paired with Kel'Thuzad, the Boom Bots can serve as continuous damage output. Mages in particular can use the Fireblast Hero Power to repeatedly destroy them. Also, using Brann Bronzebeard you can get 4 Boom Bots.
Although Dr. Boom's glory days have long past, he is still an excellent finisher in decks based around Baku the Mooneater.
Lore[edit | edit source]
For the lore of this card, see Dr. Boom (Disambiguation).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Boom is a reference to Marvel super-villain Doctor Doom, best known for battling the Fantastic Four. The Boom Bots are references to the Doombots created by him, exact replicas of Doctor Doom complete with extremely advanced artificial intelligence. Dr. Boom's flavor text is also a subtle reference to Marvel.
- While the Doctor Doom link is established, it is possible the form of the Boom Bots are a reference to the 1999 game, "BoomBots", by The Neverhood Inc.
- As of December 2017, Dr. Boom is one of the only known cards to feature flavor text on the main body of the card. Dr. Boom's flavor text is intended to remind players of the function of the Boom Bots. The only other collectible cards with anything comparable are Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild, which simply have some additional explanation, such as (+2 Attack/+2 Health), to clarify the card text for absolute beginners; Power Overwhelming, the card text for which states in a flavor-like way that the affected minion will die "horribly", rather than simply stating that it will be destroyed, as well as Gelbin Mekkatorque, Elite Tauren Chieftain, and Marin the Fox, who summons an "AWESOME" invention, gives players "the power to ROCK", and summons a Master Chest that can be destroyed for "awesome" loot, respectively. Nightmare Amalgam also states every minion type it is with flavor text. There is also an uncollectible card, Mr. Bigglesworth in Curse of Naxxramas, in which there is also a flavor text declaring that "This is Kel'Thuzad's kitty.".
- Dr. Boom is often jokingly dubbed by the community "Dr. Balanced" as many players view the card to be too powerful and unbalanced. Blizzard has stated they have no plans to change the card despite its criticism.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.