|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Increment attribute, Shuffle into deck|
Battlecry: Give your C'Thun +2/+2 (wherever it is). If it's dead, shuffle it into your deck.
"Hello, is Doom there? No? Can I leave a message?"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Related cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effect of Doomcaller's Battlecry depends on the location of the player's C'Thun:
- This card's effect will improve C'Thun if it is currently in the player's deck, hand, or battlefield.
- If C'Thun has already died, a new C'Thun will be generated and shuffled back into the player's deck.
- Repeating Doomcaller's Battlecry will add more copies of C'Thun to your deck, even if only one has died for you.
- If C'Thun has been transformed, overdrawn, captured via Entomb or similar spells, or otherwise removed from the game without dying, Doomcaller's Battlecry will have no effect. To be shuffled back into your deck, C'Thun must have died under your control on your side of the board.
- If a duplicate C'Thun dies (such as a 1/1 copy summoned by Barnes), Doomcaller will still generate and shuffle a new C'Thun into the deck, even if the original is still in the deck.
- This card will not be included in Arena picks (along with C'Thun and all other related cards). However, it may still appear in Arena matches through random effects.
- Because Doomcaller generates a copy of C'Thun rather than moving the original, if you play a golden Doomcaller with a dead C'Thun, it will shuffle a golden C'Thun into your deck, even if the original C'Thun was not golden.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is a strong but slow card for a C'Thun deck. Its main effect gives a solid +2/+2 to your C'Thun, and the minion itself is reasonable as a 7/9 for 8 mana. However, the main reason for including this particular card is as a counter to opponents destroying C'Thun; the Doomcaller can allow you to replay C'Thun for multiple devastating runs at the board. This could be useful if the opponent consistently destroys your C'Thun, but bear in mind the chances of you drawing C'Thun again that match depend on the size of your deck and how long you can survive without it. As noted above, Doomcaller also cannot restore a transformed, overdrawn or stolen C'Thun.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The symphony of terror begins.
- Cower, fool!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1174 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Heed the Whispers of the Old Gods. (2016-03-11).
- PlayHearthstoner on Twitter. (2016-04-22).
- Hearthhead.com - Hearthstone's Whispers of the Old Gods - Everything We Know. (2016-03-11).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-03-15).