|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Cost-related, Random|
Transform all enemy minions into random ones that cost (1) less.
Ragnaros looked down. He looked like some kind of War Golem. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME," he yelled. But all that came out was a deep grinding sound. He began to cry.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Devolve can be obtained through Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Devolve can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The replacement minion is selected randomly from all collectible minions that cost 1 less, regardless of class.
- The base mana cost of the affected minion is used to determine the selection, not the mana cost paid when summoning it.
- If there is no other minion of the lessened cost to transform the target into, the target minion will not be affected. This currently applies to all minions with a mana cost of 0 or 25 (such as Wisp and Molten Giant). However as of Knights of the Frozen Throne, 12 cost minions now devolve into Snowfury Giant.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card acts as a board-wide transform effect for your opponent, and can be used best to get rid of key cards without any adverse effects, weakening their board in the process.
This presents a good counter against Grimy Goons and other buff decks, as the Devolved minions don't keep their buffs. Deathrattle and C'Thun-related decks also are countered quite well, nullifying all Deathrattle effects on the board and ensuring that Doomcaller will not generate another C'Thun.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The opposite of Evolve, this card seemingly represents a spell which causes targets to "devolve" into more primitive lifeforms. The card art appears to depict the three crime bosses of Gadgetzan — Don Han'Cho (left), Aya Blackpaw (center) and Kazakus (right) — being transformed into murlocs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While Evolve's visual effect is colored blue with a tinge of purple, this card's effect is colored bluish green, creating a sharp contrast between the the two cards.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2016-11-29): Added.