Descent of Dragons
- "Is this the end? Our heroes can't fly. They fall like shooting stars. Will anyone survive? (DRAGONS! DRAGONS!) Dragons take flight above the ice and snow, high in the sky where the cold wind blows, wings beat down as they beat back foes, flaming-hot fire over frozen bones! Good unites against evil they oppose, they ride and die as the legends grow! We must all choose sides, villains or heroes. There are no sidelines in this combat zone! Feats midair, yeah it's a chiller. Life or death, yeah it's a killer. They go round and round as the beatdown pounds, aerial thrills, yeah it's a thriller! Skies fill with trauma in all of this drama, portending an impending end! Crash down! It's dragons in dragons' descent!"
Following the League of E.V.I.L.'s attack on Uldum, which was thwarted by the League of Explorers, the two teams head to Dragonblight, where the League of E.V.I.L. is plotting to resurrect the proto-dragon Galakrond in an attempt to bend him to their will. Once again, Elise Starseeker, Reno Jackson, Brann Bronzebeard and Sir Finley Mrrgglton must do battle with the villains and put an end to their heinous scheme once and for all.
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Themes
- 4 Galakrond's Awakening
- 5 Teasers
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
How to get[edit | edit source]
Descent of Dragons cards are available through the following options:
- Descent of Dragons card packs are purchasable through the Shop, with the usual prices and purchasing options.
- Descent of Dragons cards are craftable for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust.
- For as long as Descent of Dragons is the latest expansion, the guaranteed card pack from each Arena run is from the expansion. Once the next expansion comes out, second card packs will have a chance to be Descent of Dragons packs.
- The Highest Rank Bonus chest has a chance to award golden Descent of Dragons cards.
- Prior to the expansion's release, players are able to purchase one or both of the following bundles:
- The Descent of Dragons Bundle comes with 60 Descent of Dragons card packs, the unique The Shattering card back, and a random Descent of Dragons golden Legendary card.
- The Descent of Dragons Mega Bundle comes with 100 Descent of Dragons card packs, the unique The Shattering card back, a random Descent of Dragons golden Legendary card, and the alternate warrior hero Deathwing.
Cards[edit | edit source]
This expansion features 140 collectible cards. Descent of Dragons cards can be recognized with a special watermark (a dragon's wing) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
Regular copies of Galakrond, the Nightmare, Galakrond, the Tempest, Galakrond, the Unbreakable, Galakrond, the Unspeakable, and Galakrond, the Wretched are awarded to the player for free when opening their first Descent of Dragons pack.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Common (22 cards)
- Rare (9 cards)
- Epic (9 cards)
- Legendary (5 cards)
- Choice cards
- Lackey card
Class cards[edit | edit source]
Druid[edit | edit source]
- Choice cards
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Malygos's upgraded spells (Uncollectible)
Paladin[edit | edit source]
Priest[edit | edit source]
Rogue[edit | edit source]
Shaman[edit | edit source]
Warlock[edit | edit source]
Warrior[edit | edit source]
Themes[edit | edit source]
Flying minions[edit | edit source]
To reinforce the theme of aerial combat in the skies of Dragonblight, many minions in this set are flying creatures or machines, or people riding them. Apart from the titular dragons, examples include:
Galakrond[edit | edit source]
All five members of the League of E.V.I.L. can summon a unique version of Galakrond, the mightiest dragon in Azeroth’s history. Utter the precursor dragon’s name with the new Invoke keyword to upgrade his Hero card and amplify his strength.
- Galakrond, the Unspeakable
- Galakrond, the Nightmare
- Galakrond, the Tempest
- Galakrond, the Wretched
- Galakrond, the Unbreakable
Sidequests[edit | edit source]
Smaller Quests that can be completed for a reward, but don't start in your opening hand.
- Clear the Way
- Elemental Allies
- Learn Draconic
- Righteous Cause
- Secure the Deck
- Strength in Numbers
- Toxic Reinforcements
Legendary Dragons[edit | edit source]
By Muradin’s Beard, that’s a lot of dragons!
- Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
- Deathwing, Mad Aspect
- Malygos, Aspect of Magic
- Murozond the Infinite
- Nozdormu the Timeless
- Ysera, Unleashed
- Zzeraku the Warped
Dragon Breath[edit | edit source]
Unleash draconic fury with breath cards that become more powerful while holding a Dragon.
- Arcane Breath
- Breath of Dreams
- Breath of the Infinite
- Candle Breath
- Corrosive Breath
- Lightning Breath
- Molten Breath
- Nether Breath
- Sand Breath
Dragon Explorers[edit | edit source]
The four classes representing the League of Explorers get relatively cheap Dragons that discover other Dragons.
Galakrond's Awakening[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Galakrond's Awakening
Heroes and villains clash in the skies above Dragonblight in this epic two-sided story-driven adventure. 
Galakrond's Awakening is the single-player content for Descent of Dragons. Unlike previous entries, Galakrond's Awakening is a standalone Adventure that features new 35 collectible cards. It was released January 21st, 2020.
[edit | edit source]
On February 28th, 2019, Blizzard announced the changes and new content planned for the Year of the Dragon, the fourth year of standard format. The accompanying video included a teaser image for the planned three expansions of the year, with the third expansion being denoted with a glowing orange object and scorched wood.
On October 28th, Blizzard released a short teaser video in which Madame Lazul—dressed in winter clothing—discusses the possibility of two different endings to the standard year's final expansion, with the ultimate victor being "chosen by you". All the while, Lazul's crystal ball shows a glimpse of the frozen wastes of the Dragonblight in Northrend, with Galakrond's Rest, Wyrmrest Temple, and the League of E.V.I.L.'s headquarters of Dalaran all prominently visible.
The expansion was officially unveiled on November 1st at Blizzcon 2019.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Concept art
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Update - December 5 - Descent of Dragons. (December 5, 2019). Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
- Hearthstone (2019-02-28). Hearthside Chat: Welcome to the Year of the Dragon. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-07-14.
(Expansions / Adventures)