Destroy a minion. Costs (1) less for each minion you control.
Or as it’s known in troll, “De bolt, mon.”
How to get[edit | edit source]
Demonbolt can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Demonbolt can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Demonbolt is comparable with Siphon Soul, but generally Siphon Soul suits control decks and Demonbolt is powerful in zoo decks.
- This card is overpowered when you are ahead, but it has little use when behind. So it is better to have sufficient low-cost minions to ensure being ahead in the middle game.
- In the late game, this can be played with Omega Agent in a same turn, to gain huge tempo.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Demonbolt is a level 100 talent for Demonology warlocks in World of Warcraft. After a cast time, it fires a bolt of demonic energy at a target, dealing damage that is increased for each demon minion the warlock has active at the time of casting.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At one point, Team 5 playtested a 7-mana version of Demonbolt, but they found it to be too powerful when used in combination with Bloodreaver Gul'dan in traditional Cube Warlock decks (since playing Bloodreaver Gul'dan would usually fill one's board with minions, causing Demonbolt to cost 0). Changing Demonbolt to 8 mana allowed it to still accomplish what the team wanted it to do without making an already strong deck more powerful.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone (2018-11-28). Final Card Reveal Livestream | Rastakhan's Rumble (13:17). YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-11-30.