|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Tags:||Random, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
After you cast a spell, Freeze a random enemy character.
He prefers that you refer to him by his nickname: 'Frostwaker.'
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Demented Frostcaller||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Flamewaker, this minion's effect activates whenever the controlling player casts a spell. The effect activates after the spell itself takes effect.
- This card's effect Freezes a random enemy character that is not already Frozen. Frozen targets will not be selected.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Demented Frostcaller works well with Freeze decks, or with decks running lots of cheap spells. A possible combo would be to use Shatter or Ice Lance on the Frozen enemy, causing the Frostcaller to Freeze a second enemy. However, since its effect is randomized, it may end up Freezing the enemy hero even if they have no weapon, or a minion with little or no Attack, wasting the effect. On the other hand, it can also Freeze Stealthed minions that can’t be directly targeted, delaying their chance to attack.
To use Demented Frostcaller effectively, the ideal time to play it is early in the game where there are few or no enemy minions on the board, or later in the game with multiple enemy minions, if you can immediately follow up with a few spells. Be prepared that unless you can cast as many spells as there are enemies, you might not succeeed in getting the ideal target Frozen.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Feeling chilly?
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The n'raqi, commonly known as the faceless ones or the faceless, are a monstrous race that arose from the organic matter that seeped from the Old Gods' blighted forms during the primordial era of Azeroth. Cunning and intelligent, they serve their eldritch masters with fanatical loyalty.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2016-04-15).