|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Secret: After an opposing Hero Power is used, deal 5 damage to a random enemy.
Five years of tap-dancing lessons are FINALLY going to pay off!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dart Trap||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Example: If the opponent uses Reinforce, the Dart Trap will have a chance to target the summoned Silver Hand Recruit.
- Example: A minion mortally wounded by Dart Trap can still trigger its Inspire effect.
- Dart Trap, like all other Secrets that directly deal damage, is affected by Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- Dart Trap will not trigger when a Passive Hero Power such as Bewitch or What Does This Do? is triggered.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As the game goes on, it generally becomes more likely for the opponent to trigger this Secret, due to increasing mana as well as depleted hands, making Hero Power use more likely. Be aware that control decks such as Handlock and Control Warrior may activate this Secret early on with no minions on the board. Inspire decks will activate this readily, but more likely with useful minions on the board.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Dart Trap is original to Hearthstone.
The dart trap appears to be guarding the way to the Golden Monkey.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12406 (2016-09-15): Dart Trap will no longer be offered for selection in Arena. However, until it left Standard, it was still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects (such as Spellslinger).
- Patch 126.96.36.19974 (2016-04-24): Now reads "After an opposing Hero Power is used..." instead of "When an opposing Hero Power is used...". The function appears to be unchanged.
- Patch 188.8.131.5233 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2015-11-10).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzIQxCa_ew Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20656 (2015-12-04)
- Tested by Culinko, 18th January 2016.
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).