|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Set attribute|
|Tags:||Attack-related, Health-related, Targeted|
Battlecry: Swap stats with a friendly minion.
People often think that Darkspeaker is the arch nemesis of Lightspeaker, but that title actually belongs to Heavyspeaker.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only current Attack and Health values will be swapped between Darkspeaker and the selected minion. However, this includes temporary buffs like Abusive Sergeant's, and aura-buffs like Stormwind Champion's, which will become a permanent part of the enchantment. For details on this behaviour, see Crazed Alchemist#Notes.
- When Brann Bronzebeard is in play, the two activations of the Battlecry will effectively cancel each other out.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
With a fairly solid body that will be swapped, Darkspeaker's Battlecry can be used to buff a weaker minion that has a strong ability independent of its stats, like Acolyte of Pain, Armorsmith, and Mana Tide Totem, or to take the stats of a powerful minion with a large drawback, like Eerie Statue, Anima Golem or any big minion that you've played a Power Overwhelming on.
Even if the Darkspearker swaps stats with a Totem, Imp, or other small minion, its 3/6 stats can be put to immediate use by the recipient minion (assuming it isn't exhausted), making it almost comparable to Charge.
Lore[edit | edit source]
This minion appears to depict Darkspeaker R'khem.
- Darkspeaker R'khem is a level 80 elite faceless one quest giver inside the Saronite Mines in Icecrown.
- Having been chained by the vrykul, he offers the quest Mind Tricks. After completing the quest, he will disappear, making noises that translates as laughter in the player's mind...
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5274 (2016-04-24): Added.