"Come one, come all, to the Darkmoon races! There's no part of the faire that has more surprises! Or... perils. Step right up, and enter the most wondrous race you'll ever see! Take a peek at the competition. You'll be racing against one of our veterans! I see you're getting the hang of racing. The speed, the chaos, I can hardly follow it! You are going to be a big hit on this race track!"
Expanding upon the setting at Madness at the Darkmoon Faire as well as Ashes of Outland and Scholomance Academy, this set takes place at the breakneck trails at the fairgrounds, as racers from Outland, Scholomance, and Darkmoon all compete for glory.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Darkmoon Races cards are available through the following options:
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs can contain Darkmoon Races cards, and are purchasable through the Shop, with the usual prices and purchasing options.
- Darkmoon Races cards are craftable for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust.
- For as long as Madness at the Darkmoon Faire is the latest expansion, the guaranteed card pack from each Arena run is from the expansion. Once the next expansion comes out, second card packs will have a chance to be Madness at the Darkmoon Faire packs.
- The Highest Rank Bonus chest has a chance to award golden Darkmoon Races cards.
Additionally, all 35 (66 in total) Darkmoon Races cards can be obtained through a bundle for the following prices from January 21, 2021 to May 10, 2021:
Cards[edit | edit source]
This expansion features 35 collectible cards. Darkmoon Races cards can be recognized with a special watermark (the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire logo emerging from a card) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
Neutral cards[edit | edit source]
Class cards[edit | edit source]
Dual-class cards[edit | edit source]
- Choice cards
Trailer[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Malle Earnhard runs the Darkmoon Races, starting at the boardwalk. The objective is to make it from the start/finish line to a set number of colored checkpoints, and then back to the finish line in as few bell tolls as possible, while taking advantage of speed and jump boosts and avoiding electrified fences.
History[edit | edit source]
Blizzard announced there would be a 35 card mini-set released for Madness at the Darkmoon Faire during the initial reveal for the expansion.
On January 17th, 2021, news site Windows Central mistakenly posted a press release for the set a few days early, revealing details including the price and returning mechanics from old sets, as well as updates to Battlegrounds and Duels coming in the same patch.
On January 19th, the set was officially announced with a trailer posted on the Hearthstone YouTube channel, which revealed the cards Keywarden Ivory, Envoy Rustwix, and Landslide. Cards were revealed in groups every hour, which continued throughout the day until every card had been revealed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Darkmoon Races is the first Mini-set.
- Darkmoon Races had the shortest reveal season of any card set. It was revealed on January 19th, 2021, and every card was revealed that day.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168003 (2021-01-21): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire (Darkmoon Races)