|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Choose One, Increment attribute, Summon|
Choose One - Summon 5 Wisps; or Give a minion +5/+5 and Taunt.
Don't worry; we fired the person who named this card.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dark Wispers||1600||400|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Summoned minions
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Enhance the Wisps with Power of the Wild or Soul of the Forest, or with Poison Seeds for an expensive field equalizer. If you can defend them for a turn, you can also use Savage Roar for 10 extra Attack.
The +5/+5 boost is one of the largest boosts to give to Echoing Ooze.
The first effect is one of the most card-efficient ways of generating damage from a Knife Juggler, resulting in 5 damage for the expenditure of only a single card.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playing Fandral Staghelm and then playing this allows you to target your own hero and give it +5 health and +5 attack. It also gives your hero Taunt with the image of Taunt being the same as shown on The Curator encounter in One Night in Karazhan.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The demonlord launched a massive attack on the World Tree, Nordrassil. Malfurion believed Archimonde's goal was to draining the Tree's energies, which would drain the night elves of their source of power and immortality. However, Archimonde's target was actually to drain the second Well of Eternity to further his goal of gaining powers to rival those of Sargeras. But Tyrande and Malfurion had allied with Thrall and Jaina Proudmoore, as well as the Shadowtooth Dark Trolls and the Barkskin Furbolgs. Archimonde's ascent up Mount Hyjal was agonizingly slow, being forced to destroy every successive base with the help of Azgalor (Mannoroth's successor as leader of the Pit Lords), Rage Winterchill and Anetheron.
- The bases, consisting of the humans, orcs and night elves, did slow his ascent — however, his cunning mind and monumental power enabled the Legion to destroy the bases one by one. First he destroyed Jaina Proudmoore's base, then Thrall's base, and finally he reached the night elves' base which he destroyed easily with a wave of his hand. Archimonde smashed the magical gates guarding the World Tree and started climbing the Tree. He grew in size as he climbed, determined to destroy the World Tree and consume its energies. The demon lord paid no attention to the seemingly harmless wisps gathering nearby.
- As Archimonde attempted to rip the World Tree from the Well, Malfurion raised the Horn of Cenarius and called out to the ancestral guardians. Thousands of wisps rose from the surrounding forests and amassed around Archimonde, detonating in a massive explosion that destroyed the demon warlock and incinerated the forests around the World Tree; nature herself would not allow his defilement to occur. While the World Tree would eventually heal itself in time, Archimonde was gone from Azeroth forever.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Legend of Mount Hyjal.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 184.108.40.20634 (2014-12-04): Added.