Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Playerbound, Set attribute|
|Tags:||Lackey-related, Ongoing effect|
Battlecry: For the rest of the game, your Lackeys are 4/4.
He'll get that League of Explorers and their little murloc too!
- For the Dalaran Heist hero, see Tekahn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like Crystal Core, Tekahn's Battlecry will permanently modify all Lackey stats to be 4/4. This effect can't be removed with Silence and such.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||1600||400|
|Golden Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lackeys are already good on their own for their Battlecry effects, but Tekahn makes Lackeys even more valuable by massively buffing their stats. Warlocks can generate up to 8 Lackeys without extra card generation, and on top of Tekahn's relatively high mana cost and below par stats, it's difficult to optimize the value Tekahn can bring, but will nevertheless always be useful. This card is a natural fit for zoo decks since Lackey-generating cards already fit well into those type of decks, but any deck that uses Lackeys frequently can benefit from it.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Call forth my army!
- None defy me!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Dark Pharaoh Tekahn is the king of the Neferset tribe, a faction of tol'vir who regained their stone skins (lost to the Curse of Flesh) in exchange for their obedience to Deathwing and his ally, Al'Akir, lord of the winds. He is in control of the immortal colossi, and with his death, they will crumble.
In Hearthstone lore, Tekahn has joined forces with the League of E.V.I.L. and aided them during their heist of Dalaran. However, no one is quite sure how he actually ended up working for the league.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The idea behind Tekahn's role is to show how he ties into the greater narrative and the League of E.V.I.L. He went through a few iterations during development, including one where he added Lackeys to the player's hand and one where he destroyed the player's Lackeys to gain power from them, but the team ultimately settled on having him buff all of the player's Lackeys. According to Peter Whalen, Team 5 wanted to encourage players to look at Lackeys in a different way for warlock decks and see how they could evolve throughout the Year of the Dragon.
- Dark Pharaoh Tekahn's flavor text is a reference to "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!", a line spoken by the Wicked Witch of the West in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168708 (2019-08-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2019-06-04). So, Here’s the Plan: The Dalaran Heist Chapter V – Kirin Tor Citadel. Retrieved on 2019-07-26.
- Eric Van Allen (2019-07-26). Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal - Dark Pharaoh Tekahn and Friends Join the Warlock's Menagerie. USgamer. Retrieved on 2019-07-26.