Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Playerbound, Set attribute|
|Tags:||Lackey-related, Ongoing effect|
Battlecry: For the rest of the game, your Lackeys are 4/4.
He'll get that League of Explorers and their little murloc too!
- For the Dalaran Heist hero, see Tekahn.
How to get
|Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||1600||400|
|Golden Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||3200||1600|
- Like Crystal Core, Tekahn's Battlecry will permanently modify all Lackey stats to be 4/4. This effect can't be removed with Silence.
Lackeys are already good on their own for their Battlecry effects, but Tekahn makes Lackeys even more valuable by massively buffing their stats. Warlocks can generate plenty of Lackeys without extra card generation, and on top of Tekahn's relatively high mana cost and below par stats, it's difficult to optimize the value Tekahn can bring, but is nevertheless powerful in Lackey-based zoo decks. Tekhan works best in Magic Carpet-based Zoolock decks, since it triggers off of any Lackey. Plus, if a Rogue manages to get him off of a Pilfer or Dragon's Hoard, then Galakrond, the Nightmare will start letting you flood the board with 4/4s for only 2 mana, or through Invoke effects.
Tekahn also synergizes extremely well with Grand Lackey Erkh, allowing you to potentially fill the board with 1 mana 4/4s with just two cards..
- Call forth my army!
- None defy me!
- Dark Pharaoh Tekahn is the king of the Neferset tribe, a faction of tol'vir who regained their stone skins (lost to the Curse of Flesh) in exchange for their obedience to Deathwing and his ally, Al'Akir, lord of the winds. He is in control of the immortal colossi, and with his death, they will crumble.
In Hearthstone lore, Tekahn has joined forces with the League of E.V.I.L. and aided them during their heist of Dalaran. However, no one is quite sure how he actually ended up working for the league.
- The idea behind Tekahn's role is to show how he ties into the greater narrative and the League of E.V.I.L. He went through a few iterations during development, including one where he added Lackeys to the player's hand and one where he destroyed the player's Lackeys to gain power from them, but the team ultimately settled on having him buff all of the player's Lackeys. According to Peter Whalen, Team 5 wanted to encourage players to look at Lackeys in a different way for warlock decks and see how they could evolve throughout the Year of the Dragon.
- Dark Pharaoh Tekahn's flavor text is a reference to "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!", a line spoken by the Wicked Witch of the West in the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- Patch 220.127.116.11708 (2019-08-01): Added.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2019-06-04). So, Here’s the Plan: The Dalaran Heist Chapter V – Kirin Tor Citadel. Retrieved on 2019-07-26.
- Eric Van Allen (2019-07-26). Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal - Dark Pharaoh Tekahn and Friends Join the Warlock's Menagerie. USgamer. Retrieved on 2019-07-26.