Important note: there is currently an error causing card pages to show a message that they have multiple data pages when they do not. We're aware of the issue and are working to fix it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Dark Iron Skulker
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Damaged-related|
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to all undamaged enemy minions.
He loves skulking. He skulks after hours just for the joy of it, but his friends are pretty worried he'll get burnt out.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Dark Iron Skulker||100||20|
|Golden Dark Iron Skulker||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When used in conjunction with Brann Bronzebeard, Dark Iron Skulker will not deal 4 damage to each undamaged enemy minion. Rather, the Battlecry will deal 2 damage to each undamaged enemy minion and then activate for a second time to deal 2 damage to any minion which is still undamaged (thus, this usually has no additional effect, except for targets with Divine Shield, for which it can prove a very effective solution).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is a very effective card against aggressive decks, which often flood the board with low Health minions. Because of their low Health, the Skulker's Battlecry will be enough to seriously damage or even destroy many of them. Any undamaged 1 or 2 Health minion such as Flame Imp, Clockwork Gnome, Knife Juggler or Whirling Zap-o-matic will be immediately destroyed.
This card alone can be a useful counter to cards that summon multiple minions in a single turn such as Onyxia, Mirror Image, Muster for Battle, I Am Murloc, Poison Seeds, Imp-losion, Dark Wispers, Violet Teacher, Hogger, Cenarius, Illidan Stormrage and Shaman totems, as well as any other minions played alongside them in the same turn. Dr. Boom is also a viable target, but Dark Iron Skulker becomes a possible target for Boom Bot detonations once played and still leaves Dr Boom himself remaining on the board.
This card will be less useful against minions with more than 2 Health, although it can still be very effective if combined with other AoE such as Fan of Knives or Blade Flurry, or single target damage such as Eviscerate or the rogue's Wicked Knife.
Besides taking care not to place all your minions onto the board at once, the best defensive option against this card is to hit enemy minions whenever possible, ensuring as many of your minions as possible are damaged, even if only by a single point of Health. However, this will also make your minions more vulnerable to traditional rogue AoEs like Blade Flurry.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- What lurks in the depths.
- Behind you.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Dark Iron clan is a clan of dwarves. These dark skinned dwarves were formerly ruled by Sorcerer-thane Thaurissan and vied for control of Ironforge with the Bronzebeard clan and the Wildhammer clan during the War of the Three Hammers. Now ruled by Moira Thaurissan, daughter of Magni Bronzebeard and widow of the late Emperor Dagran Thaurissan, the Dark Iron clan seek to forge a new future for themselves independent of the tyranny of Ragnaros and his minions, which has long been imposed upon them in their home of Blackrock Mountain. Under Moira's guidance, some of the Dark Iron clan have even moved into Ironforge to train the local dwarves in the ways of warlocks and mages.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19974 (2016-04-24): Dark Iron Skulker now damages all minions simultaneously before any damage events are resolved (like normal area of effect damage). Previously, Dark Iron Skulker resolved each Damage Event, queuing and resolving triggers, before damaging the next minion. (Presumed patch.)
- Patch 188.8.131.5211 (2015-03-31): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PAX East 2015 Blizzard 2015 Full & Uncut Presentation. (6 March 2015).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNNlXM41Ec Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20674
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTOWbOvCso Tested in Patch 220.127.116.1156 (2015-12-04)