|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Increment attribute|
Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion +3 Health.
The Cult of the Damned has found it's best not to mention their name when recruiting new cultists.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dark Cultist||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like Avenge, Anubisath Sentinel and Healing Totem, Dark Cultist's Deathrattle can select a minion that is mortally wounded (0 or less Health), and thus save it from dying.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Patch 18.104.22.16821 (ONiK patch), when combined with Feign Death, Dark Cultist could not buff itself. This was fixed in Patch 6.0.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Dark Cultist is a strong minion on its own - 3 Attack is respectable, and its 4 Health means it will be able to live after trading with most early game cards, thus bypassing the problem most 3-cost minions have. On top of this, the Cultist's Deathrattle gives it the potential to grant even more stats to other minions.
While the player is unable to choose which minion is enchanted by the Cultist's Deathrattle, its randomness can be limited by reducing the number of friendly minions on the board. For example, playing a single other minion before then sending the Cultist to its death will guarantee the second minion will be the target of the Cultist's Deathrattle.
If there are no other friendly minions on the board when the Cultist dies, the Deathrattle will be wasted. Opponents can minimise its impact by destroying other minions first, or strategically determining which minion will gain the buff.
Destroying a Dark Cultist at the same time as all other minions on the opponent's side of the board will cause the Deathrattle to be wasted, as it will not trigger until after all of the other minions have been destroyed.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The damned stand ready.
- My fate is sealed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dark Cultist was added with the specific intention of improving the priest's early game.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Blood of Gladiators" series, for the card Kristoff Manchester.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12424 (2014-07-22): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIWDu5WutM Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19956 (2015-12-04)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/51wted/til_if_you_use_huhuran_on_anubisath_sentinel_it/ Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5221 (ONiK patch)
- Hearthpwn.com - Gamescom 2014 Interviews, Deck Talk: DKMR Kisstafer's Hunter, Botting in Hearthstone. (2014-08-15).