|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
Destroy 2 random enemy minions. Discard 2 random cards.
A prime example of lose-lose negotiating.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dark Bargain||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dark Bargain can be cast and will function if there is only one enemy minion on the board.
- Dark Bargain destroys both affected minions before queuing and resolving triggers.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As with many cards with the Discard mechanic, this card can be very strong in an aggressive deck such that by the time this card is played, your hand will be either empty, almost empty, or contains cards you don't want to play. Also has good synergy with Tiny Knight of Evil and Fist of Jaraxxus. It also synergyze well with Spare Parts since if you discard a Spare Part the loss is not as great as a regular card.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Dark Bargain is a warlock spell in World of Warcraft that protects the caster from damage, at the expense of life to be lost later. This is similar to the Hearthstone effect of destroying two minions that could harm the warlock hero on the next turn, at the expense of two cards that could have aided the caster later. In general, many warlock concepts revolve around "dark bargains" with demonic forces: making an unholy sacrifice of some kind in order to be granted a benefit in another area - often in destructive power.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Jadefire Felsworn.
- As of Patch 18.104.22.168761, multi-target cards are eligible to be played even if there is only one viable target on the board. Previously, multi-target cards were ineligible to be played if there were less than two viable targets.
- Prior to the patch, Dark Bargain could not be cast without at least two enemy minion targets in play, consistent with other randomly targeted effects such as Cleave.
- Prior to the patch, if cast by Yogg-Saron, Dark Bargain's discard and destroy effects could not occur if the opponent did not have at least 2 minions.