|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute, Taunt|
Battlecry: Give your C'Thun +3/+3 (wherever it is).
There's a whole gradient of Arakkoa! This one is on the darker side.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Dark Arakkoa can be obtained through Whispers of the Old Gods card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Dark Arakkoa can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Dark Arakkoa||400||50|
Related cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's effect will improve C'Thun regardless of whether C'Thun is currently in the player's deck or hand, or on the battlefield.
- This card will not be included in Arena picks (along with C'Thun and all other related cards). However, these cards may still appear in Arena matches through random effects.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient One caws.
- By beak and caw!
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In a C'Thun focused deck, this card is also worth pairing with Twilight Elder, as both benefit from a solid statline as well as the fact that their combined effects quite easily achieve the 10 Attack requirement that other C'thun related cards have.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The arakkoa are a bipedal, keenly intelligent avian race, native to Draenor (now Outland), which has an affinity for arcane magic and secrecy. Most are aggressive to both Alliance and Horde, although there are friendly members of the arakkoa to be found.
- The winged arakkoa or high arakkoa were the proud descendants of the once-grand Apexis civilization, a glorious empire of the sun that ruled vast territories alongside the ogre empire centuries ago. While many of the great works of their forebears remain a mystery, the arakkoa in the time of Draenor's final days — proud, hateful and defiant — mastered their own form of sun magic. From atop the Spires of Arak they gazed down on Draenor with scorn and sought to restore their people to the heights of their power.
- A second group of arakkoa, called the Arakkoa Outcasts, were born from the treachery of their kin. Transformed into hunched shadows of their former selves by the Curse of Sethe and gifted with a mastery over shadow magic by the raven god Anzu, in Draenor's final days they desperately sought to survive the genocidal efforts of those who had betrayed them. Without champions, and without hope, the Outcasts ultimately heeded the influence of an Old God and were lost to the darkness in which they'd once taken refuge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pronunciation for this minion's quotes is "intentionally ambiguous", with the last word of the lines "The Ancient One calls" and "By beak and claw!" blurred into "caw" or "caws", a pun on the Arakkoa's avian heritage.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Heed the Whispers of the Old Gods. (2016-03-11).
- Hearthhead.com - Hearthstone's Whispers of the Old Gods - Everything We Know. (2016-03-11).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-03-15).
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2016-11-08).