Dan Emmons was a member of Team 5, and designer for Hearthstone. He worked primarily on Tavern Brawls, as well as the initial design for new card sets. On September 10, 2018, Dan announced he would be moving on to become a champion designer for League of Legends.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Emmons worked with Pat Nagle on devising new Tavern Brawls. According to Ben Brode, the two designers would "sit in a room and brainstorm", with additional inspiration from the internet and other team members. The ideas were then playtested and iterated upon with the rest of Team 5.
- Emmons was responsible for the 'Servant of Yogg-Saron' Tryouts, Nefarian Rises! and Party Portals! Brawls, among others.
- Emmons is a writer for Extra Credits, an interactive online series teaching game design.
- Prior to Hearthstone, Emmons worked as a designer on Magic: The Gathering.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dan Emmons on Twitter. (2016-04-18).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-04-18).
- Dan's Announcement on Twitter. (2018-09-10)
- Tavern Brawls and Open Q&A - BlizzCon 2015 Live Panel Recap (Fireside Chat). (2015-11-07).
- Ben Brode's Stream Notes (17/April/16). (2016-04-17).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2016-07-18).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-08-17).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-08-31).
- LinkedIn profile. Retrieved on 2016-04-18.
[edit | edit source]
- Selected posts
- Designer Insights with Dan and Pat: Tavern Brawls (2016-10-17)