|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
Whenever this minion attacks a hero, add the Coin to your hand.
He has a giant collection of purses now. One for every outfit!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's triggered effect only activates when it attacks a hero. If the enemy hero attacks the minion, its effect will not activate.
- Because the text only specifies that a hero be attacked and not the enemy hero, Cutpurse will generate a Coin when attacking the controlling hero because of Misdirection.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- In Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch), Cutpurse had the same priority as Misdirection. This meant that if Cutpurse was owned by the Dominant Player and attacked into a Hero with Misdirection active with nothing else in play, Cutpurse would trigger, be redirected to the friendly Hero, and trigger a second time, creating two Coins. As of Patch 22.214.171.12433 (LoE patch), Cutpurse is now lower priority, meaning it always triggers after Misdirection, and can only trigger if the final target is a Hero.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As The Coin is a zero-mana spell, it is very useful for triggering Combos. Played early, this minion can manage a free attack, two if you're lucky before being removed. In many cases however this minion is subpar, as its poor statline makes it easy to remove and its ability makes it a higher value target than other 2-drops. For a guaranteed Coin at a higher statline, consider Tomb Pillager instead.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- What 'cha got there?
- I was robbed...
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fires of Outland" series, for the card Pick Pocket.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.