Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Ongoing effect|
Double all damage dealt to your hero.
The Curse is that you have to listen to "MMMBop" on repeat.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Cursed Blade||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cursed Blade's ongoing effect is active as long as it is equipped, regardless of which player's turn it is.
- Cursed Blade's effect is to double the reported damage of Damage Events targeting your hero. This leads to the following interactions:
- The final damage you take will be doubled, after all other modifiers (such as Spell Damage, Fallen Hero and Prophet Velen) are taken into account. For example, a Queen of Pain that attacks an enemy hero with Cursed Blade will heal her controller for the final (doubled) damage.
- If you have both Cursed Blade and Ice Block, Ice Block will take into account the doubled damage from Cursed Blade when deciding to trigger or not.
- If you have both Cursed Blade and Bolf Ramshield, Bolf Ramshield will take the doubled damage when intercepting it.
- If you have both Cursed Blade and Animated Armor, any damage taken by your hero will first be reduced to 1 by Animated Armor, and then doubled by Cursed Blade, resulting in 2 damage being dealt to your hero. In particular, if you would take only 1 damage, since Cursed Blade's effect doubles the reported damage to 2, Animated Armor will trigger, but for no effect: Animated Armor will "reduce" the damage from 1 to 1, and Cursed Blade will still double it to 2.
- Cursed Blade's ongoing effect is displayed with red sparkles around the weapon and the hero's portrait.
- For additional details, see Damage#Advanced rules.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cursed Blade is best played in an aggressive Warrior deck with little regard for its own life total. Even though the weapon has excellent stats for only 1 mana, its drawback is widely considered the worst in the entire game. Cards like Malkorok and Blingtron 3000 almost always cause devastating consequences to players unlucky enough to receive this weapon. It should also be noted that this weapon's 3 Durability causes the drawback to be doubly painful, as it will take the user 3 turns to get rid of Cursed Blade.
This weapon should be used for removal only with great caution. Even the cheapest minions will do large amounts of damage to you.
It is best to use this card during the beginning of the game or as soon as possible since the card's cost is 1 mana, and your opponent will not have as many powerful minions on the board yet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text refers to the 1997 song "MMMBop" by Hanson.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Crimson Guard.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20617 (2017-10-17): Effect will no longer incorrectly be re-applied and become permanent when changing Heroes.
- Patch 220.127.116.1133 (2015-11-10): Added.