Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
The Curator’s gone crazy! Fix it!
- For the minion card, see The Curator.
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
|Normal and Heroic|
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Normal[edit | edit source]
Heroic[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
The below classes are listen purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Stampeding Beast! (Normal)||2|
|Demons Loose! (Normal)||2|
|Dragons Free! (Normal)||2|
|Power of the Wild||2|
|Stampeding Beast! (Heroic)||2|
|Demons Loose! (Heroic)||2|
|Dragons Free! (Heroic)||2|
|Power of the Wild||2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Playing either Harrison Jones or Reno Jackson during this encounter will result in the Curator saying "Scoundrel detected! Harrison Jones/Reno Jackson is not permitted." and dealing 3 damage to the minion in question.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Heroic[edit | edit source]
Freeze Mage works very well in this encounter. The Freeze effects and removal allow the mage plenty of time to find their damage-dealing cards, making Emperor Thaurissan unnecessary. Ideally, clear the board and wait for an Archmage Antonidas set up, as the Curator lacks hard removal.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Encounter[edit | edit source]
- The Curator is releasing the menagerie! We shall need to fix it.
- Do not touch the displays.
- Your request cannot be processed.
- This Curator is equipped for menagerie management.
- The Curator is confused! You need to stop it before it releases everything!
- Please comply with all gallery protocols.
- Guests must remain inside the menagerie.
- Tiny fish-things go free.
- This Curator is allergic to beasts.
- Reprogramming the assistants.
- Demons do not belong in the menagerie.
- No more dragon droppings.
- Pirates should parrrrty.
Play Arcane Golem
- Curious. A remarkable resemblance.
Play Harrison Jones
- Scoundrel detected! Harrison Jones is not permitted.
- *Deals 3 damage to Harrison Jones*
Play Reno Jackson
- Scoundrel detected! Reno Jackson is not permitted.
- *Deals 3 damage to Reno Jackson*
- Imposter Medivh. Crazy eyes dead giveaway.
- Shutting down.
- Alright then... A little tweak here... And... good as new!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "The third level of Karazhan is Medivh's prized Menagerie. Creatures from all over the world are gathered and penned up here and tended to by the massive mechanical Curator. Now, without Medivh, the Curator's programming has gone haywire. Instead of keeping the creatures in their cages, he's just letting them loose! It's really just one flipped bit. You will have to reprogram the Curator, and he will help you wrangle the escaped creatures, so you can move up through the tower."
Menagerie Managed[edit | edit source]
- "Hello. This Curator is programmed for complete Menagerie management. It is this Curator’s duty to ensure the safety and well-being of all creatures within the Menagerie. The Menagerie spans an area greater than the geometric volume of this tower, and contains a constantly variable number of exhibits. Due to a large number of exhibits and extra-dimensional spaces, this Curator employs the services of several less advanced assistants to ensure 100% containment."
- "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your enjoyment? Please repeat your response. Thank you. This Curator will attempt to elevate your level of enjoyment with a tour of the Menagerie. As we tour the Menagerie, please comply with all gallery protocols to ensure that no creatures go free or come to harm. Menagerie Tour Program version 4.7.7 is now online."
- "Many creatures in the Menagerie generate values for excitement greatly exceeding zero. Your tour coincides with this large predator’s feeding time. This Curator will now provide it with the large quantity of food it requires. Warning: Please step out of the meat splash zone. Oh, no. You have failed to exit the splash zone. Please allow this Curator to hand you a towel."
- "You are experiencing elevated blood pressure and adrenaline levels. Diagnosis: Excitement! This Curator is glad you are having a good time!"
- "This portion of the Menagerie is empty and awaiting new exhibits. We will pass through this gallery into a region with populated exhibits. Please repeat your query? Your query cannot be processed. Error: the Imp you have indicated is not allowed in the Menagerie, therefore it does not exist. The displays are guaranteed to be safe. Please move along. Menagerie Tour Program is shutting down."
- "Moroes has returned. This Curator will now escort you out of the Menagerie."
- "Are you satisfied with your tour?"
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- "This curator is equipped for gallery protection."
- The Curator is an Arcane Guardian boss in the Menagerie in Karazhan. It is not optional; raids wanting to kill the bosses behind it must first defeat The Curator. The encounter is not difficult to learn, but is (for new raids) a rather hard gear check. A raid able to defeat this boss is in principle equipped well enough to clear the whole instance, save perhaps Nightbane and Prince Malchezaar.
- Most of the fight consists of two alternating phases: a 90 second Flare Phase followed by a 20 second Evocation Phase. Once the Curator's health drops below 15% it does a soft enrage, stops summoning Flares and Evocating, but instead increases melee attack speed and Hateful Bolt frequency. 10 minutes after the pull the Curator does a hard enrage and wipes the raid very quickly.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16821 (2016-08-09): Added.