Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Taunt|
|Tags:||Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, gain +1 Health.
The original fifth beetle!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Crypt Lord can be obtained through Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Crypt Lord can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Crypt Lord||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Crypt Lord's main strength is its health, increasing for every minion you summon. It works well with aggressive Druid decks, protecting other low-cost minions. Living Mana or Spreading Plague combo with Crypt Lord as they can mass summon minions effectively, increasing its health. It has similar effects to Darkshire Councilman, but gaining 1 health rather than 1 attack.
Though it has one attack for a taunt, the amount of health it can offer can survive multiple hits from enemy minions or spells and makes it harder to clear out. Compare and contrast to Tar Creeper, a similar early-game taunt which offers higher attack on the opponent's turn, in exchange for passing up the health gain potential.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Scourge will devour all!
- By Nerub!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Crypt lords are undead nerubian spiderlords of the subterranean spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Crypt lords are adept at summoning insect minions and crushing enemies. Betraying the nerubian people, the crypt lords have sacrificed the lifeblood of thousands to bolster the undead armies of Ner'zhul, winning an eternal life of servitude in his name.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Crypt Lord's summoning and attack quotes are references to lines spoken by the Crypt Lord hero unit in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the "fifth Beatle", an informal title applied to people who were at one point a member of the English rock band the Beatles. The flavor text is also a reference to the Crypt Lord unit, whose gag quotes include "I'm the fifth beetle."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1157 (2017-08-08): Added.