Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: If your hand is empty, gain +3/+3.
It takes a special kind of hunter to venture deep into a firey lava pit and convince a monster who lives there to come home and be a cuddly housepet.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Core Rager||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Core Rager's +3/+3 buff is provided by an enchantment, and so can be removed by Silences.
- Core Rager's Battlecry will take activate after most summoning-related triggered effects, but before any Secrets. This means that if a player already has a Starving Buzzard on the field, summoning a Core Rager will draw a new card into the hand, thus negating the prerequisite needed to acquire the Rager's enchantment. For a detailed sequence of events, see Advanced rulebook.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
If possible, play any remaining cards before summoning Core Rager. The +3/+3 buff is worth some compromise to achieve, although it may still be better to save critical cards like Hunter's Mark or Deadly Shot for the right moment, even if that means failing to activate the Rager's Battlecry. The Rager is still a useful minion without its Battlecry, but the player may wish to hold it until the opportunity arises to play it to full effect.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Core Ragers can be found in Molten Core as the pets of Golemagg the Incinerator; two will assist him in the fight. They cannot be killed while Golemagg still lives; once he dies, they will die too.
- A core hound is a giant elemental beast, with the appearance of a massive bulldog with two heads, each equipped with a mouth filled with rows of flaming teeth. Its body is covered with armored hide and studded with bony spikes. A streak of flames runs down its spine from head to stubby tail. The oldest and most powerful of the core hounds is Magmadar, the alpha male and sire of the entire current pack, and every core hound can trace their lineage back to Magmadar.
- Core hounds originate from the Firelands of the Elemental Plane. However, they have also lived alongside their master Ragnaros in the Molten Core, and more recently attempted to invade Mount Hyjal.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
It turns out that elemental lords are fond of keeping pets. Unfortunately, when a magma giant thinks “cuddly,” he checks off a list that includes things like “giant,” “two-headed,” “fang-mawed,” and “made of living magma.” The only beings dwelling in the elemental plane of fire who match that description are the terrifying core hounds. While keeping one of these critters probably makes apartment hunting a chore, there’s no better four-legged friend to have when your back is up against the wall.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12411 (2015-03-31): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-03-19).
- Blackrock Mountain – The Gooey Molten Center of Molten Core. (2015-03-19).