|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Modify Hero Power|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect|
You can use your Hero Power any number of times.
The Grand Tournament has a "No dragons allowed" policy, but it's rarely enforced.
How to get
|Golden Coldarra Drake||1600||400|
- This card's ongoing effect refreshes its controller's Hero Power at Aura Update (Health/Attack) timing.
- Example: Whatever the mean you used to get a Coldarra Drake under your control (by playing it, or by a summon, mind control or transform effect), it will refresh your Hero Power during the following Aura Update steps, and will stop doing so as soon as you lose control of it (for example by being killed, returned to the hand or mind controlled).
Coldarra Drake synergizes very well with Justicar Trueheart and Genn Greymane making the pair a formidable late-game duo, especially if one lacks card draw. However, it is worth noting that Justicar Trueheart and Genn Greymane shouldn't be played in the same deck, since Justicar overrides the cost reduction from Genn. Fallen Hero can be used as an alternative if the two damage Hero Power is still wanted with Genn. Can also synergize with other hero power enhancments such as Spirit of the Dragonhawk for Area of effect damage and Pyromaniac to provide card Draw.
It can also be used with Frost Lich Jaina's hero power allowing you to spawn more Water Elemental's in one turn if there are plenty of low health minions on the board.
Its effect can activate the damage threshold of Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk alot easier.
A somewhat risky play would be to combine this card with Majordomo Executus' Deathrattle, allowing you to deal up to 40 damage in one turn through repeated use of DIE, INSECT!. You could further combine this Maiden of the Lake, allowing you to deal up to 80 damage in one turn, albeit in a random manner. Such a large amount of damage, however, will likely lead to victory. Additionally, Secrets like Ice Block will allow you to survive after transforming, and give you a turn to play a card like Alexstrasza, which will raise your survivability considerably.
If in the unlikely instance Coldarra Drake is combined with Raza the Chained, such as getting one or the other off of a Kabal Courier, any damage-dealing or buffing Hero Power can turn into a one-turn-kill (if the animation speed allows it) and any healing or Armor-generating Hero Power is a full heal.
- Coldarra is an island just off the coast of the Borean Tundra in Northrend, and is home to the Dragon Aspect of Magic — Malygos. He is known to gather relics of great power, keeping them locked away from mortals in his lair, the Nexus. Frozen orcs, naga, trolls, and wendigos that had dared to enter the sanctity of Malygos' lair can be found throughout the island. They remain frozen, like statues, as a warning to those who would venture into the dragon's lair.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Elements" series, for the card Azure Drake.
- Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.