|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Rush, Summon|
Deathrattle: Summon a 5/9 Warlord with Taunt.
Prepare for the staunch conch launch!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Coilfang Warlord can be obtained through Ashes of Outland card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Coilfang Warlord can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Coilfang Warlord||800||100|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Coilfang Warlord provides a flexible mix of removal and and protection. This card is strongest when trading into a single large minion facing a board of medium or small minions, such as a Sea Giant in a Zoo deck or responding to Dragonqueen Alexstrasza. This removes the target while also putting a 5/9 Taunt into play.
This card can also be played directly on an empty board, threatening your opponent with a 9 attack minion.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Out of your depth!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Coilfang Warlord is a naga lord.
- Naga lords are red male naga warriors with shells and other sea creatures fused to their bodies. They have no visible eyes, and a large hermit crab for a hand.
- The Coilfang tribe is a tribe of naga. They are based in all parts of Coilfang Reservoir except the Underbog, where the Wrathfins have their holdings. Their presence threatens the draenei, trolls, and Cenarion Expedition that have carved out holdings in the area. The Coilfangs are led directly by their great matron, Lady Vashj.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Coilfang Warlord art, in fact, depicts High Warlord Naj'entus. Chadd Nervig shared that the team tried to include many characters from Outland, however they did not have a spare Legendary slot for them, so they either made it a non-Legendary minion or spell.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-03-24).