|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Tags:||Divine Shield-granting, Mech-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you summon a Mech, gain Divine Shield.
Guardians used to be built out of Adamantium, but production got moved to Gadgetzan and Cobalt was cheap.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Cobalt Guardian||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cobalt Guardian does not have Divine Shield when summoned: it gains Divine Shield only if and when another friendly Mech is subsequently summoned. In particular:
- Cobalt Guardian triggers immediately after the minion is summoned, prior to other triggers like Questing Adventurer or Undertaker.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Due to its effect it is meant to be used in a Mech-heavy deck, consider a minion like Explosive Sheep which will not damage this minion due to the divine shield.
- Due to its ability to generate a Divine Shield, it can work with Blood Knight.
- This minion's low Health makes it vulnerable unless it has Divine Shield active. While the most obvious way to protect it is to immediately follow its summoning with another Mech, if this is not possible protective buffs can be useful to allow it to survive until one can be summoned.
- By summoning a Mech, the Deathrattle of Harvest Golem (and potentially Piloted Shredder, Piloted Sky Golem, Sneed's Old Shredder) will cause this minion to gain Divine Shield. This can be effective for immediately re-shielding a Cobalt Guardian following AoE such as Flamestrike. In these cases, the opponent should deal damage to the Guardian to first remove its Divine Shield before using AoE that will cause other Mechs to be summoned.
- Likely a poor pick in Arena without several other Mechs in the deck to trigger its effect.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Reinforcements requested.
- Order received.
- Error 37.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The only known Cobalt Guardian in Warcraft history is one of the four Stone Guard, enchanted stone quilen beasts that guard the entrance to the Mogu'shan Vaults. However, this is clearly a very different guardian to the one depicted in this card.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The death quote of this minion references Error 37, a common launch day error in Diablo III. This error meant that the servers were busy. Due to Diablo III requiring a connection to the servers in order to play either Singleplayer or Multiplayer, the error became a meme among players.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 18.104.22.16834 (2014-12-04): Added.