|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Deathrattle: Add a Spare Part card to your hand.
Clockwork gnomes are always asking what time it is.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Clockwork Gnome||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Spare Part cards[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I... am... ready!
- For Mechazod!
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Pet Journal entry states:
- Thought to be an original construct of the titans, the clockwork gnome has some gears smaller than the eye can see.
Clockwork gnomes are a type of mechagnome. Judging by its summoning quote, this clockwork gnome appears to be one of those created by Gearmaster Mechazod. After being reassembled, Mechazod sought to "cure" the gnomes of the Curse of Flesh by converting them back into their original clockwork form, in the process creating a clockwork army with which to set about "curing" the rest of the fleshy inhabitants of Azeroth.
- Mechagnomes are small gnome-like clockwork creatures who are found in Northrend. They are titanic creations, similar to the earthen, and are the ancestors of normal gnomes.
- The mechagnomes were created by the titanic watcher Mimiron (also refered to as "The Grand Architect") in his own image within Ulduar, apparently as servants and caretakers much like the earthen. Some mechagnomes eventually became gnomes due to the Curse of Flesh. It is however unknown exactly when this happened and how the first fleshy gnomes reacted to it - very little is known about the history of gnomes. It can be presumed that around the time the Titans returned to deal with the curse in the earthen, Mimiron likely used this information to create new mechagnomes that were immune to the curse as well, which is why there are still mechagnomes that exist today.
- Amazingly, normal (fleshy) gnomes today still possess the robotic heritage of their ancestors. Normal gnomes can be reverted back into being mechagnomes, despite those gnomes having been flesh for generations. This is not done by merely adding a supplementary spell on normal gnomes in order to transform them, but oppositely by injecting them with something that removes the Curse of Flesh. This means that all normal gnomes are actually still mechagnomes "below" the curse, and undoubtedly proves that normal gnomes are connected to mechagnomes and that mechagnomes are the ancestors of normal gnomes. Likewise, gnomes who have been turned into mechagnomes may be reverted back to their original fleshy form by injecting them with something that 'reverses the reversion' of the curse. The player has to revert several newly "mechanized" gnomes back to their former self in the quest Re-Cursive. After being mechagnomes, most of these gnomes were apparently not fond of having been so. Then again, some of the gnomes felt that being mechanized had "perfected" them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The art for Clockwork Gnome is commonly used in the banner at the top of Hearthstone patch note blogs, as well as related tweets.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crafting: Worldbreaker Block" series, for the card Clockwork Gnome.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-10-21).